Sheffield. South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
12 months
Hi all.
I am new to all this so here goes.

About 12 months ago I purchased a Talbot Express Merlin motorhome.

Merlin needed some love and attention being a 1986 2 ltr petrol
First of all the doors were hanging off. On removing the trims the wooden frames were rotten, these I replaced and rehung the doors.

Next the roof leaked, so spent a day resealing roof.

The rear springs were sagging the opposite way. I purchased some rear spring assistors from Grayston, the kit consisted of 4 small coil springs which fitted into supplied brackets, 2 springs each side of wehicle.
These made a tremendose improvement to driveability and ride comfort also lifted vehicle by 5 inch.

My next major improvement was to have Merlin converted to run on LPG I had two 60 ltr tanks fitted one each side under side skirts out of sight.
The conversion has been a major success, and Gas is half price of petrol, also good for environment.

I have some bodywork to do on exterior, then to look at updating interior, this will give me something to do in near future. as I am now a retired single motorhomer.

Hope this gives some insight into my van and me, would be nice to here from anybody with similar van.

Bye for now, happy motorhoming.

Bill.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Bill and a Great Big Welcome to Motorhome Fun.

I am sure there are a lot of people on the site who can assist you.Feel free to post any questions on the Forums.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well done on the restoration, and welcome to the Fun:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements