Taking the Plunge (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi
I have been lurking for a few days while we have been considering a Globecar Campscout. Well, today we have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a new 2018 van.
Thanks to you all for the great information available in this forum and prepare yourselves for questions once we pick up the van early in May.
We live in the Scottish Highlands, just outside Inverness. So, our first modification will be to make and install our removable midge netting :D.
Sue

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That's fantastic news Sue. You will love the van for sure. We don't have one ourselves but my wife and I think they are one of the nicest looking vans on the road today.

Happy travels:cool:

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Nice one!

I thought they all came with built in door/window nets these days ...

We are heading North in a few weeks and may be dropping into Tain to search for a long lost Relative. We'll wave on the way past! (y) :)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3: Hi Sue - great choice of van. Lots of folk on here with Globecars; and the Campscout has a great layout. We've got a Rapido van conversion with an almost identical layout - works well for us, and it's our third van.

Happy travels and have fun in your Campscout! (y)

Mike

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Nice one!

I thought they all came with built in door/window nets these days ...

We are heading North in a few weeks and may be dropping into Tain to search for a long lost Relative. We'll wave on the way past! (y) :)
Hi Vanman. Yes, they all come with the built in nets but our midges just laugh as they dance through the huge gaps in the mesh. We've even had them come past the rubber seal on windows when it's been really bad ! I love Scotland. (y)
Enjoy Tain.

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Hi Vanman. Yes, they all come with the built in nets but our midges just laugh as they dance through the huge gaps in the mesh. We've even had them come past the rubber seal on windows when it's been really bad ! I love Scotland. (y)
Enjoy Tain.
And I was told Inverness isn't badly affected by midges....wrong info there then?

Welcome....from one Sue to another!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
And I was told Inverness isn't badly affected by midges....wrong info there then?

Welcome....from one Sue to another!
Hi Sue,
Inverness itself isn't too bad but as soon as you get anywhere outside the towns and the wind does not blow, it can sometimes be bad. Also, we spread the rumour so our campsites don't get too busy. ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hello and welcome ! I think @Minxy Girl is getting one of those vans too!:WelcomeFlag:
Yes indeedy I am! @Camper Sue did I pip you at the post as mine is the one that was a good price from from JC Leisure and they had had quite a few enquiries about it both before and after we bought it as they'd just reduced the price?

Oh, nearly forgot ... welcome to the fun house Sue!

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Yes indeedy I am! @Camper Sue did I pip you at the post as mine is the one that was a good price from from JC Leisure and they had had quite a few enquiries about it both before and after we bought it as they'd just reduced the price?

Oh, nearly forgot ... welcome to the fun house Sue!
Hi Minxy Girl,
I love reading about all the mods that you and other Funsters have done to your vans and will wait to see what you do to your new one. We also have a dog and are considering a second so are trying to figure out how she will fit.
We weren't competing with you for your Campscout. Being located in The Highlands, everywhere is a long drive. Anyway, our local dealer has done us a good deal - we think - so are happy to support them.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome CamperSue from another Campscout owner, they’re a great van we just love ours to bits.

John.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Minxy Girl,
I love reading about all the mods that you and other Funsters have done to your vans and will wait to see what you do to your new one. We also have a dog and are considering a second so are trying to figure out how she will fit.
We weren't competing with you for your Campscout. Being located in The Highlands, everywhere is a long drive. Anyway, our local dealer has done us a good deal - we think - so are happy to support them.
Has your's got the extra hidden wardrobe under the end of the nearside bed? Unfortunately with ours being a 2017 model it hasn't as the boiler is there ... but I have plans to make use of the space above it!!!! (y)

What dog have you got ... you can't say that and NOT put a picture on here ... we all LOVE dogs (well most of us!).

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Hi Campersue ... welcome. You’re a step ahead of us, I think. We went to see a pale blue 2018 Campscout at Highlsnd Campers but ended up putting a deposit on one in Preston. We should be getting it in June . We live in Ayr but spend a lot of time in Wester Ross so interested in how you’re making your midge defences. There are times when I go to sleep and can still see midges with my eyes shut .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Welcome CamperSue from another Campscout owner, they’re a great van we just love ours to bits.

John.
Have you got the 'secret wardrobe' in yours?

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Has your's got the extra hidden wardrobe under the end of the nearside bed? Unfortunately with ours being a 2017 model it hasn't as the boiler is there ... but I have plans to make use of the space above it!!!! (y)

What dog have you got ... you can't say that and NOT put a picture on here ... we all LOVE dogs (well most of us!).
Right... now that I've subscribed I can answer ! :LOL:

Yes, ours has the hidden wardrobe but I'm not sure what we will use it for. Can't imagine bothering to lift the bed up to get out clothes so may use it for stuff that gets used less often. The downside is that we lose the storage under the dinette seat. I loved the hidden bin that I saw someone make.

And introducing Pepper...
FB_IMG_1470413396186.jpg

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi Campersue ... welcome. You’re a step ahead of us, I think. We went to see a pale blue 2018 Campscout at Highlsnd Campers but ended up putting a deposit on one in Preston. We should be getting it in June . We live in Ayr but spend a lot of time in Wester Ross so interested in how you’re making your midge defences. There are times when I go to sleep and can still see midges with my eyes shut .
Hi Grianan,
Yup, I think that one will be ours. Glad that you went elsewhere ;). It's a long way for us to travel to have a look anywhere else.
As for midge defences, I got some midge netting online and I use velcro on the window frame. I will try to get a photo of my previous attempt. The only problem is that you need to pull the netting back to close the window but perhaps someone will be able to come up with some modification to allow that.
We've never had another attack as bad as the one we had at Glenelg when they were getting in everywhere !

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Hi from another Campscout owner:hi2:
Not had a lot of nidge issues up to now with ours but sooner or later we will be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Not many about yet though they don't like the snow

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi from another Campscout owner:hi2:
Not had a lot of nidge issues up to now with ours but sooner or later we will be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Not many about yet though they don't like the snow
Hi Garfields,
Yes, too early and we woke up to snow on the ground this morning. Midgies are all too wise to come out yet. It doesn't get too bad up here until June.
We are hoping to get down to the borders later in the year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back