Taking the plunge! (1 Viewer)

Gary Jones

Free Member
Nov 8, 2017
Funster No
Hi

After owning a MH for 3 years my wife (Carolyn) and I (Gary) have decided to rent at our our and go fulltime for at least 2 years and we can't wait. We love Greece and hopeto spend many months over there.

One thing we would like to do it convert the MH to run on refillable gas and we've had stories that Gasit, although cheaper, can develope leakage issues - would be interested in any thoughts! Lookslike Gaslow is the way to go?

Gary

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hello and welcome to the Fun, Gary & Carolyn!

It might be an idea to start a thread in the 'Motorhome Chat' part of the forum to get answers to your question.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome. Happy travels. I don’t know much about refillable gas but there are folk on here that do. Also some existing threads.
I guess the best question to ask is about availability in Greece.......unless you already know the answer to that one.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:welco:
It might be better to make a seperate thread for the refillable question.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:ello: and w2f. Full timing and spending time abroad sounds like a great plan to me. As others have said, start a new thread with your gas questions as you'll get plenty of sound advice on the subject.
Good luck with whichever version you choose and enjoy your travels.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We have Gaslow-2x11kg bottles-they last about 2months together, we put one on the van about 2010 and a second one followed not long after that.
They are easy to fill and a lot cheaper than buying gas bottles everytime!
The initial cost may be high but were very happy with them, we might have had a tank fitted but apparently we don't have the space underneath!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi

After owning a MH for 3 years my wife (Carolyn) and I (Gary) have decided to rent at our our and go fulltime for at least 2 years and we can't wait. We love Greece and hopeto spend many months over there.

One thing we would like to do it convert the MH to run on refillable gas and we've had stories that Gasit, although cheaper, can develope leakage issues - would be interested in any thoughts! Lookslike Gaslow is the way to go?

Gary
Hi and welcome.

Seen only one report on this problem. Since Gaslow and Gasit bottles are made by the same company and in the same factory and are exactly the same other than the colour I suspect that they will equally suffer or not suffer the same problem. Had my Gasit for 3 years now without any problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back