Taking on water (1 Viewer)

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Taking on water if one is going off grid good idea or not.

we’re we’re thinking a 3 or 4 days off grid and then maybe a couple of days on a serviced site before returning home.

we have two toilet cassettes not large ones but there have to do.

100 later fresh water and 80 litres waste tank well it looks about 80 ltrs.

empty everything for the trip back home except the kettle.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Unsure whether you mean filling your tank, (which would be a good idea if your going off grid), or drinking lots, which might not be such a good idea due to your limited cassette situation. 🤷

Reactions: 68c
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Taking on water if one is going off grid good idea or not.

we’re we’re thinking a 3 or 4 days off grid and then maybe a couple of days on a serviced site before returning home.

we have two toilet cassettes not large ones but there have to do.

100 later fresh water and 80 litres waste tank well it looks about 80 ltrs.

empty everything for the trip back home except the kettle.
depending on cassette type we can manage approx 4 days off grid before needing to empty a C200 type

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I travel full and keep it full by topping up whenever I can.

Hundreds of posts and various opinions on this very frequently asked question.

Using the Search facility will keep you busy with previous posts.

60 comments in the thread below so fill yer boots (if not yer tank).

OP
OP
S

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
depending on cassette type we can manage approx 4 days off grid before needing to empty a C200 type
We have the c200 as well so that’s a bit of good news then..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
I travel full and keep it full by topping up whenever I can.

Hundreds of posts and many opinions on this very frequently asked question.

Using the Search facility will keep you busy with previous posts.

60 comments in the thread below so fill yer boots (if not yer tank).

We we’re thinking the same but fill up before and when we can but unload for the trip home.
same with the grey water Fills while we’re on the move then empty before the trip home.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
We we’re thinking the same but fill up before and when we can but unload for the trip home.
same with the grey water Fills while we’re on the move then empty before the trip home.
I treat filling my water tank with the the same common sense as the diesel - never let it get low and refill when necessary/convenient.
Folk will say that travelling with an unnecessary amount of water will reduce mpg. Fortunately I'm not so hard up that it matters.

Last edited:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Fill fill and fill again. I travel full to the brim all the time and another 80 litres in Jerry cans under the rear bed, that I decant into the main tank as soon as it drops by the 20 litres head space. Haven’t ever seen a difference in MPG, so can’t comment on such nonsense.

Also, 25 litres of separate drinking water in 5 litre bottles.

We don’t flush into our c200 unless we 💩 and then we use the happy bowl liners and flush to cover and then bombs away when the trap opens. The liners make sure there’s no 💩 stains to worry about.

I have a spray bottle of diluted thetford cassette cleaner, that we spray post pee and a bin to keep the loo roll in that SWMBO has dabbed with. Only loo roll in the cassette is post 💩 only.

As a result, we can easily do 4 days on a single c200, so if you have the spare, you’re easily going to survive.

Depending on where you are regarding the grey waste, then if it’s rural I empty into a container and it goes in a hedgerow, or dyke etc. On site, just dispose in the normal way. There’s a lot of controversy over the grey waste, with some believing it’ll bring around the destruction of mankind, spill peas and carrots on the road and kill every cyclist or motorbiker there is. If you’re on a narrowboat, then the same grey waste goes into the canal, it doesn’t kill the fish, or ducks and swans etc, but dispose of it sensibly is the answer. I’ve been on sites where the warden encourages it to go in the hedgerows, but ask first.

Me, I just leave the tap open and splash it everywhere :reel::roflmto:

Happy bowl liners for those 💩 days…..
32B23095-37BF-49F6-8604-5D199294ED12.jpeg

8E693DBA-A954-4765-94F1-FA690C0975C4.jpeg

And I use this diluted in a spray bottle instead of filling the cassette with flushing.

DC372E49-62D9-4AFC-A54D-C788FBE20057.jpeg

And one of these to dispose of the grey into….

32E8ED97-E8B5-4835-8728-B3776BCD7338.jpeg

Good luck and let us all know how you get on.

OP
OP
S

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
There stuck on the to get list .
thanks for that information..

OP
OP
S

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fill fill and fill again. I travel full to the brim all the time and another 80 litres in Jerry cans under the rear bed, that I decant into the main tank as soon as it drops by the 20 litres head space. Haven’t ever seen a difference in MPG, so can’t comment on such nonsense.

Also, 25 litres of separate drinking water in 5 litre bottles.

We don’t flush into our c200 unless we 💩 and then we use the happy bowl liners and flush to cover and then bombs away when the trap opens. The liners make sure there’s no 💩 stains to worry about.

I have a spray bottle of diluted thetford cassette cleaner, that we spray post pee and a bin to keep the loo roll in that SWMBO has dabbed with. Only loo roll in the cassette is post 💩 only.

As a result, we can easily do 4 days on a single c200, so if you have the spare, you’re easily going to survive.

Depending on where you are regarding the grey waste, then if it’s rural I empty into a container and it goes in a hedgerow, or dyke etc. On site, just dispose in the normal way. There’s a lot of controversy over the grey waste, with some believing it’ll bring around the destruction of mankind, spill peas and carrots on the road and kill every cyclist or motorbiker there is. If you’re on a narrowboat, then the same grey waste goes into the canal, it doesn’t kill the fish, or ducks and swans etc, but dispose of it sensibly is the answer. I’ve been on sites where the warden encourages it to go in the hedgerows, but ask first.

Me, I just leave the tap open and splash it everywhere :reel::roflmto:

Happy bowl liners for those 💩 days…..
View attachment 571101
View attachment 571100
And I use this diluted in a spray bottle instead of filling the cassette with flushing.

View attachment 571104
And one of these to dispose of the grey into….

View attachment 571105

Good luck and let us all know how you get on.
I have a hose for local emptying but also a wheeled grey water carrier but we’re not be taking it with unless we feel that’s our only option

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
A certain S Claus Esq has just given me a similar one. In extremis it could also be used as a holder for the contents of your cassette.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back