Taking Motorcycles into EU on the back or in trailers (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2017
Kettering
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Has anyone any recent experience of taking motorcycles into the EU on the back of MoHo's or in/on trailers?
I know there is an issue over un-accompanied bikes, as in the BikeShuttle service, but stories are circulating about problems with customs wanting carnet's etc. for accompanied bikes in/on trailers or vans.
Planning a trip to the Colombres rally and would to hear of any experiences you've had.
Ian

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Has anyone any recent experience of taking motorcycles into the EU on the back of MoHo's or in/on trailers?
I know there is an issue over un-accompanied bikes, as in the BikeShuttle service, but stories are circulating about problems with customs wanting carnet's etc. for accompanied bikes in/on trailers or vans.
Planning a trip to the Colombres rally and would to hear of any experiences you've had.
Ian
Any problems on your trip? A friend went on the Colombres this year (towing a trailer behind a car) but never mentioned any issues. Travelling direct to Spain though so France might be a different matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2013
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I-414
Exp
2002-2006, 2013-current
2 of my mates have been over twice this year and are about to leave for Morocco tomorrow-but the bikes are in a van so probably not relevant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back