Taking motorcaravan to Norway June (1 Viewer)

Hania

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2010
Dear All, reading this forum, looks like the only was to get there is on the new (I hope) route to Sweden.
Any other suggestions/routes to get there?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome to MHF . ::bigsmile:
We shall be watching this thread with interest . Ralph would love to go to Norway. It's on his list of must go's.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
You need to speak to Snowbird he's your man.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We did it last year and it was amazing, we got the overnight ferry from newcastle to amsterdam then drove to Travemunde to catch the ferry to sweden, we then drove up coast of Sweden stopping at some lovely little CL style sites in stunning locations.
Once in Norway we drove up to Flam for a few nights stunning place, we then drove back to Oslo and stayed there for a few nights before getting ferry to Denmark and after a few days ferry back to Harwich.
I can't recommend it enough stunning place

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Been a lot of threads on this recently, there was talk last autumn of Broken Link Removed taking over the Harwich to Esbjerg route in the spring but that was later put back to September 2015. Looking at the website now it appears to be on again from Easter. £100 per van and £60/70 pp one way, looks cheap. I would do it this year before they go tits up pear shaped.

Stelin

Free Member
Jul 29, 2014
Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We have vague plans of visiting friends in southern Sweden in July/August. Probably going Hull- Zeebrugge then driving through Holland, up to Denmark & across 'the bridge' to Sweden - anyone done such a journey? It would be as much enjoying the journey through these countries as the destination itself

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have vague plans of visiting friends in southern Sweden in July/August. Probably going Hull- Zeebrugge then driving through Holland, up to Denmark & across 'the bridge' to Sweden - anyone done such a journey? It would be as much enjoying the journey through these countries as the destination itself
Depending on the van you have it might work out cheaper to take the ferry from Germany to Sweden, we did this then got the train to Copenhagen for the day worked out a lot cheaper. You can also get ferry from Denmark to Sweden.

Stelin

Free Member
Jul 29, 2014
Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Thank you Lorger for your suggestions. We really need to sit down & cost it all out. As I said it would be as much about stopping off en route & enjoying the countries we drive through as getting to Sweden, staying a bit then driving back. We have a 6m motorhome, though with the bike rack it's a tad longer.

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Hi, we got the Rostock (N.Germany) Trelleborg (Sweden) ferry which was an easy 6 hr crossing.
My view is always try to get daytime crossings and enjoy the cruise …. why pay for overnight cabins when you've got a house on wheels !
Photo's of stopover in Rostock (parking fee only) & of leaving port of Rostock.

IMG_7520.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We did it last year...........

Harwich to Hook of Holland

Drive up through Germany to Denmark, cross 'the bridge' to Sweden then drive up to Norway whichever way you like (y)

By the way Norway is THE BEST PLACE SO FAR :D:D:D

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I should add that if you only want to go to the Southwest of Norway then probably it might be best to take the ferry from Hirtshals in Denmark to Kristiansund in Norway....... (or Stavanger but a bit pricey)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We've driven Hook up to Esbjerg but in a car to catch the ferry to the Faroes. In our case it was a means to an end so not particularly enjoyable. We've also gone Harwich to Esbjerg before driving up to Hirtshals which our ferry now uses. Hook to Hirtshals is a bit of a trek but no doubt in a motorhome would be part of the holiday, and Denmark is a pleasure for driving. We're still planning our Sweden trip for late April/May possibly May into June as we're back in the Faroes July/August. Now somebody will ask why we don't stay in Scandinavia and go to the Faroes in the van.

Last edited:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Thanks for the heads-up on the Regina Line. That ticks the box for this years trip methinks.....:)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Dear All, reading this forum, looks like the only was to get there is on the new (I hope) route to Sweden.
Any other suggestions/routes to get there?

Hi
it does not look like Regina will run this route just yet:(:cry:
There are a few ways to get there---we went from north Germany (Travemunde) to Malmo (Sweden) on our last trip to Scandinavia, IF we can get away this Summer, we are looking at driving to the North East of Denmark and taking a shorter ferry crossing to Gothenburg as we now have a dog and it's a shorter crossing---------for us this works out MUCH cheaper than the two toll bridges going across Denmark to Sweden, as already said, you can easily take the ferry from north Denmark to the South of Norway. It really depends on where you intend to go, you could go from Estonia to Finland.
Nigel & Pamala

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If all goes to plan we will be going around the third week of June. Harwich-Hook, then Color line Hirtshals to Larvic. My mate lives just south of Oslo and runs an RV down to Spain for the winter. He tells me thats the cheapest way to do it, and he should know, he has been doing that run for about 8 years. Its a new one on me, but will let you know nearer the time. Everything has to be worked around hospitals at the moment.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
did Norway a couple years back in van, tough am there fairly often visiting.. my route was similar to lorger, with a ferry to Amsterdam and then through Germany and Denmark and another ferry to Kristiansand from hirtshals
lovely country...
a picture I got from sister on her way to work yesterday morning...
IMG-20150407-WA0000.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back