Take Care Of Your Electronic Key Fobs (1 Viewer)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Earlier this year I flooded my Boxer key fob, when my waterproof case leaked while kayaking. I thought I'd saved it after a bit of rinsing, drying out and TLC, but recently it's started playing up.

The van is going in to Peugeot sometime in the near future, so I asked them for their price for a replacement key fob, thinking I'd get all the little jobs done at the same time.

Ā£330.00.........which included 70 odd quid for recoding. I didn't know whether to :rofl: or :crying:

I can walk all the way round to the driver's door to lock/unlock manually a lot of times before I'd consider paying that and yes, I do know there are far cheaper alternatives :whistle2:

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Know how you feel, lost one in France spoke to the insurance company
they informed me my theft insurance was void until the key was deleted.
New key etc over ā‚¬300

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Think someone was recentlly quoted about Ā£250 by Timpsons for a Fiat one but I can't find the thread.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I used this guy for a replacement key for our ducato. Made a trip of it to the area, 20 mins at his house and we were on our way with a new working key. Worth a call to see if he can do the boxer key if you get fed up of walking round and manually unlocking (surprisingly we got fed up of it a lot quicker than I thought we would).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-DUC...627658?hash=item1a3c77b48a:g:QxoAAOxyk99RzHqx

janveg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
dont know if this helps, i flooded my mobile mymate told me to put it in a jar of rice two days later fully dried out working fine worth a try

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
dont know if this helps, i flooded my mobile mymate told me to put it in a jar of rice two days later fully dried out working fine worth a try
Did the rice thing back in May and it recovered for a while, but slowly deteriorated over the next few months.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Got one done for my 2007 Relay not c/locking but operated doors and started up about Ā£80 from a firm in Notts.I keep it as a spare hidden on van.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Jim

I connected this link and got this message.

The owner of go.motorhomefun.co.uk has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Are you aware?
I got the same red alert warning too @Jim but I am using Google Chrome. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Three Button Fiat Key I got one made Ā£150 A C AUTO LOCKSMITHS HUNSLET Leeds
done in half hour outside his house.
Only three weeks ago. Goggle A C AUTO LOCKSMITHS
One man and son two mobile vans very Professional set up,
New key blade cut put into three button unit, then computer used to educate the van electrics to accept the new key he then gave me a card
With my key numbers etc on it .
All this was done while I was talking to him at the side door of his van
No secrecy he then plugged in to my van for the electronic bit it all works
As it should.
Cliff. ( Late Starting )
P S. Ā£ 350 quote from Fiat Dealer

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Jim

I connected this link and got this message.

The owner of go.motorhomefun.co.uk has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Are you aware?
@Jim .. Getting the same warning message from stroppy birds link as well

Screenshot_20180903-213531.jpg

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Earlier this year I flooded my Boxer key fob, when my waterproof case leaked while kayaking. I thought I'd saved it after a bit of rinsing, drying out and TLC, but recently it's started playing up.

The van is going in to Peugeot sometime in the near future, so I asked them for their price for a replacement key fob, thinking I'd get all the little jobs done at the same time.

Ā£330.00.........which included 70 odd quid for recoding. I didn't know whether to :rofl: or :crying:

I can walk all the way round to the driver's door to lock/unlock manually a lot of times before I'd consider paying that and yes, I do know there are far cheaper alternatives :whistle2:
Did your water resistant Growler radio key survive?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back