Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I have been looking at tablet thingies but just got myself confused so some help would be appreciated please.
probably easier to tell you what I would like to use it for.
So I don't have to take the laptop with me in the motorhome.
1 it needs to be able to connect to internet by wi fi for checking in at FUN and emails.
2. Store and download/transfer from my laptop music
3. Allow me to use something like autoroute program to plan routes, check distances/aire locations when not connected to internet(can you load programs like this as they have no disc drive?)
4.Download books ( use as e-reader )we have a kindle but swmbo says not everything she wants is available on kindle :Doh:
went to currys to look and came out with humax freesat box so can dump sky, super bit of kit very pleased with it, expensive though!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My Android tablet will do all of that. Inc a Kindle app.

All Android tabs will do it.

All you have to do is choose, the main choice is 7" 9" or 10".

Someone is failing to run NavFree on a non-Android tab ( no surprise ) but it will do route planning and GPS navigation provided you make sure you buy a tab with GPS, the cheaper ones do not have GPS.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Money no option?

Without a doubt an IPad with 3G would suit any need and with quality, speed and ability. Also if you have a Sky account can get Sky go for absolutely nothing.

However if on a budget or want something a bit cheaper agree with Hildweiller on the Android side of things and these completely vary in premiums. We bought our 8 yr old daughter and Archos 4.0 80 Cobalt for £50 and its a bloody great little thing for the money.

If using on the go as we do then consider 3G one as then you have it when you need it not in hotspots which we found when touring West Coast of Scotland are very few and far between, we have our 3G on our IPad on a pay as you go sim and only costs £8 per week.

Hope this helps! Mrs Vlad x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Battery life was important to me so i have the AsusTF300T transformer tablet which gives a combined battery life of approx 15hrs use. I have downloaded kindle, kobo, and nook e reader apps. The tablet on its own gives 10hrs battery life and the keyboard dock gives a further 5 hrs

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
I Pad no brainer is the way to go i jst traded up to the latest generation fantastic piece of kit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back