TABLET TO TV (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Help!! I'm sure there are loads of you that do what we want to. Downoad free movies from Amazon Prime to your tablet, in this case a Fire 10 hd, then mirror them on the van tv and watch in comfort. We have tried connecting to the tv (Avtex) with usb lead and the tv seems to want to cooperate as the correct screen comes up which tells us it cannot find the device. What are we doing wrong or is it another one of Amazons litle tricks to thwart you. Thanks.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I don't think you can [easily] connect a TV to a Tablet via USB.
USB is usually for memory sticks & then some TV's can be very fussy what video formats they will play.
Does your Amazon Tablet have a HDMI socket?
If so that will be easy - the right cable, connect the two & change the source input on TV
If not, you'll need a "dongle", an adapter to plug into the USB socket on the tablet, then a HDMI from that to TV

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Help!! I'm sure there are loads of you that do what we want to. Downoad free movies from Amazon Prime to your tablet, in this case a Fire 10 hd, then mirror them on the van tv and watch in comfort. We have tried connecting to the tv (Avtex) with usb lead and the tv seems to want to cooperate as the correct screen comes up which tells us it cannot find the device. What are we doing wrong or is it another one of Amazons litle tricks to thwart you. Thanks.
Hi, have a look at this link info, there are a few options depending on which kindle fire and age of to ie HD or analogue. But appears relatively simple.
http://www.technipages.com/how-to-connect-kindle-fire-hd-to-tv

:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
This is what I use.
71bvyshak3l._sl1500_.jpg

From my Samsung tablet to HDMI on the tv.

Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
You can 'stream' using a Google Chromecast or an Apple Tv... chrome cast is much cheaper...

It just plugs into a HDMI socket on your tv and does it all wirelessly. Works with phone, tablet or laptop. Have used it with all Apple products too.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
You can 'stream' using a Google Chromecast or an Apple Tv... chrome cast is much cheaper...

It just plugs into a HDMI socket on your tv and does it all wirelessly. Works with phone, tablet or laptop. Have used it with all Apple products too.
You need WiFi for that ;).

OP
OP
Clever Claire
Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Thanks for all this. Brilliant. HDMI route looks the best, am I correct in thinking this can be done without WiFi. The film's are downloaded and can be watched off line. Just one thing, after following the link to the tech pages the HDMI route talks about also plugging into mobile phone, what's the reason for this. Sorry to be dense.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
No wifi necessary (y)
Plugging in via a USB adaptor from your Amazon tablet (if it supports it) via an HDMI cable to the HDMI socket on your Avtex telly is the simplest.
Online guides are useful as long as you know which "generation" of HD10 tablet you have.
Only reason I can think of plugging in phone is if a) you have your movies stored on it, or b) for streaming live if you have WiFi or a good 4g connection (and a generous data package).
Can you transfer Amazon downloaded content onto another device or must it be played via the tablet (for copyright reasons)?

Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
You need WiFi for that ;).

What about a cheap second hand wifi router? they are usually stepped down to 12v by the power brick thats with them. Would that work? no wires then :)
Just a thought.

Just binned 2 old wifi routers too :censored:

OP
OP
Clever Claire
Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Thanks for the info Langtoftlad. Knowing what Amazon are like I think they can only be played on the Fire tablet. I have looked on Amazon for an adapter and as usual it seems to be a minefield. I will get what I think to be the best option and try it. Your info has been very helpful so thank you.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Chris172 Good idea but unfortunately wouldn't work - a router only creates a WiFi zone from the landline broadband

@Clever Claire
At least with Amazon you have a great returns policy if you happen to get the wrong dongle.
If by chance HDMI is impossible with your existing tablet - then one route would be to buy a cheap basic Fire tablet (from £49) with an HDMI output purely for video playback?
Also see if your phone can do (via an adaptor) HDMI output - then get Amazon Prime app to download content.

Good luck
Stephen

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)

@Chris172 Good idea but unfortunately wouldn't work - a router only creates a WiFi zone from the landline broadband

@Clever Claire
At least with Amazon you have a great returns policy if you happen to get the wrong dongle.
If by chance HDMI is impossible with your existing tablet - then one route would be to buy a cheap basic Fire tablet (from £49) with an HDMI output purely for video playback?
Also see if your phone can do (via an adaptor) HDMI output - then get Amazon Prime app to download content.

Good luck
Stephen
Concur. From memory about£25 edited to say Doh! Forgot it needs wi fi

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back