tablet suitable for use in europe. (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I will say this only once !!! (As opposed to my last post :LOL:. )
Apparently, the more free apps you have, the more porous your PC becomes to raiders !!
But, what I know about I.T. you can write on your little finger nail.
Mitch.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you want an easy to use practical tablet iPad is it get the cellular and wifi version and one with as much storeage as you can afford.
We bought ours five years ago with the largest storeage possible and it's still going strong we use it all over Europe and still lots of space you an manage your files with apps and we virtually only use our main frame at home just to update it occasionally. Everyone to their own

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Has any Apple user managed to get Osmand working on an iPad? Has anyone managed to install custom POIs or Favourites? I've a 64gig ipad that won't do what I want it to do. When the installation or app hangs, the only option is to delete it, and there is no option but to delete all the data including maps , which take a VERY VERY long time to download. With my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 I can back anything up to my PC. Having said that, I've yet to find a 12v charger which will keep my Samsung running all day with GPS enabled.

Malcolm

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
There are many, many reasons why I suggest the OP (having briefly tried to help her with some computing issues) does not get an iPad.

Only one of them is its cost.

But, sorry, I am unwilling to expand here because the "Apple Gang" and the "Others" just continually squabble and get nowhere.

JJ :cool:

Ooohhh!

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" screen for watching movies etc, battery life excellent, expandable memory, Android OS and less restricted than Apple. I have a Mac which is so much better than Windows but Android all day when it comes to phones and tablets, for me anyway

don't think Tesco has this model;??? haven't seen it. but I must say 10.5 is a bit big. I could spend the gift voucher on a dish washer, which I need in the future, and pay cash for a tablet. how long the life of my dish washer is, I don't know. but I got to spend this money before the 26th. At a recent rally , I tried the tab a , to fit into my handbag, a tight squeeze, but fitted, but Tesco doesn't have this cover. this will be the first choice as I seen it in action and fits my bag. however, I would still prefer a bit smaller, due to the fact I m not alarmed, so need to fit my kindle, tom tom, garmin and tablet and wif in my handbag when I leave van along with dog lead and all the rest of the stuff females have in handbag. I like the expandable memory of Samsung, but wonder If I need it, already having the amazon. if I down loaded all the movies I could watch on the amazon with several sd cards of movies would I need an android with expandable memory. but that would mean then having two tablets. I don't intend to use my tablet for work, I cant be troubled or understand with sync etc, my work will remain on my laptop at home in the hands of daughter., The new tablet will only be used for google earth, and the other apps I need , plus a few extra like face book,lexulous, movies , books, which amazon has not done the updates for. Many thanks

Reactions: SMB
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I think youare expecting a tablet that will do all you want straiight from the box which isnt going to happen
You will need to add the apps you want ang get it set up before you leave
Personally i would go with android i know several people who have ditched apple for android recently and all wish they had done it sooner

Reactions: JJ

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
don't think Tesco has this model;??? haven't seen it. but I must say 10.5 is a bit big. I could spend the gift voucher on a dish washer, which I need in the future, and pay cash for a tablet. how long the life of my dish washer is, I don't know. but I got to spend this money before the 26th. At a recent rally , I tried the tab a , to fit into my handbag, a tight squeeze, but fitted, but Tesco doesn't have this cover. this will be the first choice as I seen it in action and fits my bag. however, I would still prefer a bit smaller, due to the fact I m not alarmed, so need to fit my kindle, tom tom, garmin and tablet and wif in my handbag when I leave van along with dog lead and all the rest of the stuff females have in handbag. I like the expandable memory of Samsung, but wonder If I need it, already having the amazon. if I down loaded all the movies I could watch on the amazon with several sd cards of movies would I need an android with expandable memory. but that would mean then having two tablets. I don't intend to use my tablet for work, I cant be troubled or understand with sync etc, my work will remain on my laptop at home in the hands of daughter., The new tablet will only be used for google earth, and the other apps I need , plus a few extra like face book,lexulous, movies , books, which amazon has not done the updates for. Many thanks

I bought it last year so there probably is a newer model out now, I looked at the 7 inch version but wanted the 10.5 inch tablet for watching movies on the overnight ferries with its excellent battery life. I've got an attachment which fits into the power socket and use it to watch movies from an external sd card. Ps that must be a big handbag ha ha!

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Such zealots for & against :D
Think everyone missed the key point - the OP has credit with TESCO so it's a bit pointless pointing him to marvellous pieces of kit at PCWorld, Argos or John Lewis :doh:
So yes he can get either a basic [old generation] iPad Air or iPad Mini within his budget or a Samsung Galaxy Tab A - any will do what you want with greater or lesser degrees of frustration - but they only come with a small amount of storage (16/32gb), and some of that will be used up with the operating system.

So the key point for me would be that you cant [easily] add extra storage to an iPad - so for that reason, I'd personally opt for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A [at Tesco] for £179 and use the rest of your credit on a few 32gb MicroSD cards which you can load up with movies etc before you go & a case
http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung...-black/149-6202.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=149-6202
yes am keeping an eye on this one as been recommended and seen it at rally. with square trade insurance, and 64kb sd card comes to about £240. I haven't brought it yet cause Tesco doesn't have a cover for it, can buy one from amazon though, plus im waiting for some input on a 7 or 8 inch tablet which is more suitable for me. if none available, I probably will get this one. thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back