Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Had a couple of damaged areas on my table which is a sort of a silver snake skin effect filled them and sanded them down to stop the beer, wine, whiskey and Gin from penetrating it.......but left with a couple of white marks !
I feel the way forward from here is to cover it with some sort of sticky back plastic (blue peter would have sorted this and I am sure however it would have incorporated a coat hanger)
Any suggestions must be wipable greepy easy to apply but most importantly CHEAP.
Thanks in advance

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We bought a new table top from O' Leary's. It was £35. Not as cheap as a bit of fablon though.:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Had a couple of damaged areas on my table which is a sort of a silver snake skin effect filled them and sanded them down to stop the beer, wine, whiskey and Gin from penetrating it.......but left with a couple of white marks !
I feel the way forward from here is to cover it with some sort of sticky back plastic (blue peter would have sorted this and I am sure however it would have incorporated a coat hanger)
Any suggestions must be wipable greepy easy to apply but most importantly CHEAP.
Thanks in advance
Any chance of a picture of the damage/marks?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
colmorangie

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
image.jpg
image.jpg Photo

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If the holes themselves are totally flush with the table top and the rest of the white marking is just dust/excess filler (which you should be able to removing with a damp sponge without touching the bits in the holes) you can try painting them to match - get some emulsion paint sample pots in the lightest and darkest colours in the rest of the table top and use these to 'disguise' the filled parts to mimic the rest of it, you probably won't get it perfect but it should be fairly close, better to let it dry then 'tweak' it then rather than keep trying to do it in one go as the paint will change colour as it dries. Once happy with it and it's totally dry put a small bit of matt varnish on each to seal them.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
What about something like this, you could put one at each end of the table to balance it up.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
You can get a product called (I think) colorfill which is for repairing areas on laminate worktops it comes in different colours .
Or you could get some artists acrylic paints to match and blend it in to make the white less noticeable.
854ECDEC-FE12-4BE9-BEAE-F2B094F6531C.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back