Table extension ideas (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
We have a compact table with island leg in our Arto 69GL. It replace the rather large heavy dropleaf original. I would however like a small extension large enough to use my dinner plate whilst sat on the L part of the settee. A drop leaf is the easiest solution but would inhibit the seating access to the settee. Our friends have a Hymer bar version the table has a pull out section that sits flush with the main table. A mini version would be ideal but don't know whether the tracks are available or where to get them or how to improvise. My Husband is very handy with wood etc. Help anyone please.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can you put on a photo of your existing set-up so we can have a shuftie and suggest solutions.

OP
OP
H
May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
Inside Arto.jpg
inside Arto 2.jpg

Sorry second photo is only one showing a bit of the table Hubby working on table at the moment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
make a flap to go the opposite way to normal when not in use it would flap back onto the top of the existing obviously you need to finish the surface on both sides a pair of slide out supports on the bottom of the original table would hold it in place same as a normal drop flap

OP
OP
H
May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
Thanks. We have thought of that as we saw a few at Dusseldorf show. But they had one either end so the both flapped over. He's trying a standard drop leaf a little narrower than the original to minimise the obstruction. I was hoping so.eone would know of a supplier of the fittings to replicate the pull out system in the Hymer but on a smaller scale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back