Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
sweden
Funster No
MH
tabbert 570 classic
Exp
im a newbie
hi,everyone,ive just joined moterhomefun. the main reoson being,does anyone know were i can buy a front door lock ( the inside part ) mine has seen better days and needs replacing.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
When you say Tabbert, is it an FFB. If so you will be best taking a photo of it and posting. Tabbert have not made motorhomes for some years, but items like door locks will be a generic item.

OP
OP
yra

yra

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
sweden
Funster No
MH
tabbert 570 classic
Exp
im a newbie
what does ffb stand for?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
yra

yra

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
sweden
Funster No
MH
tabbert 570 classic
Exp
im a newbie
sorry for sounding wierd, ive just recently purchased the tabbert and dont know much about it.its at my summer house and i'll be driving out there tomorow,so i'll some photo's and try to put them up on my page. as i say this is all very new to me, so i appriciate all the help i can get. thanks again.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
FFB were the mark used by Tabbert for there motorhome division. This is an FFB made by Tabbert that I used to own.
Morocco 008.jpg

OP
OP
yra

yra

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
sweden
Funster No
MH
tabbert 570 classic
Exp
im a newbie
thats the one. ive just got it back from the garage,replaced the ( cam rem) water pump, all the belts,tension wheels batteri and generator,so machanicly everything is good to go. my son has used it ,he drove from stockholm down to gothenburg then allong the coast back to stockholm. great to drive he sead and bye the way you need to change the lock on the door, it doesnt work, myself i havnt used it yet , but was planning to next month,so thats why im looking for a new lock.so if you or anyone can piont me in the right direction it would be a great help. once again thanks for your help.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I had to replace the door lock on my Tabbert 660, and found that a Caraloc 640 (from ebay) fitted perfectly. I replaced the entire unit.

OP
OP
yra

yra

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
sweden
Funster No
MH
tabbert 570 classic
Exp
im a newbie
thanks ill check that out

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
thats the one. ive just got it back from the garage,replaced the ( cam rem) water pump, all the belts,tension wheels batteri and generator,so machanicly everything is good to go. my son has used it ,he drove from stockholm down to gothenburg then allong the coast back to stockholm. great to drive he sead and bye the way you need to change the lock on the door, it doesnt work, myself i havnt used it yet , but was planning to next month,so thats why im looking for a new lock.so if you or anyone can piont me in the right direction it would be a great help. once again thanks for your help.

The one I had was badged up as a Peugeot, but had the 2.5 turbo diesel from Citroen. It was the same engine as the Citroen CX, which back in the day was the fastest production diesel car in the world. That camper would fly, and you could easily get into trouble with it. Keep your eye on the speedo when on the motorway. A very good motorhome indeed and well put together.

Jul 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
FFB Classic 570
what does ffb stand for?
When I got my FFB 570 Classic 20 years ago someone asked me what FFB stood for I did not know so I just said ( Few And Far Between! ) witch they are. It is my third motorhome and I like it the best. I had a Land Liner first for 10 years then I had a American Jaco for 8 years . But my FFb beats them all. And it is a left hooker.

Jul 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
tabbert
FFB stands for Freizeit Fahrzeug Bau,I know because I asked the same question a couple of weeks ag after seeing one on the classic hymer owners group.I joined a while back as my Tabbert 570 ffb shares the same fiat 280 chassis as a lot of the hymers .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back