Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
It is with immense pleasure that I can announce that I have just put a deposit on our first motorhome. To us it absolutely stunning and a dreamMH.
I'm afraid the excellent advice in Jim's how to buy a motorhome went out the window. I practically doubled what I had intended to spend but as this is probably the last major purchase that I will ever make I decided to splurge!
As I have only placed a deposit on it I don't want to put the mockers on the purchase and I realise it's not mine until I hand over the loot so I won't give details until it's really mine.
I want to thank everyone who provided advice, tips and links. I am extremely grateful.
In the end I have purchased in the UK and not on the continent.
Martin

OP
OP
Dartagnan

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
@Kingham
Suspense! Tell me about it. I feel like a little boy on Christmas Eve thinking the morning will never come!
The good thing is as the MH is already very well equipped I don't have to scour the net looking for accessories as I am now officially broke
Just going to have to save to get a satellite dish fitted and at a later date some of that self levelling kit as I suspect I will struggle with that malarkey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Enjoy .. Its an exciting purchase, no matter what age you are.

I just dropped my parents off at Dolphin MH Southampton this morning, they are picking up their 1st MH today and my mums soo excited, dad's playing it cool :cool:

Hoping to get them on FUN very soon.

Make sure you put up some pictures

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@Kingham
Suspense! Tell me about it. I feel like a little boy on Christmas Eve thinking the morning will never come!.

Feeling that young and excited again is good for the soul, it's only a few months ago that I was there, enjoy it :D

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Only need sat to watch tv abroad, which I don't tend to do. Not always guaranteed to get a signal in UK!

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
How exciting!!!!:roflmto::roflmto:re the self levelling kit - depending where you stop we found we rarely need it and then just used the wheel levelling ramps. Oh yes we too ended up spending double (it's an investment we kept telling ourselves):):)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing loads of photos when you collect it. (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Bravo! :clap::clap: We are now on our 4th motorhome and have never had a self levelling kit installed - we just use Milenco ramps. Hold back, you will probably find you don't need it, however a satelite dish is (for us) a must.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
You little tease...... Could at least tell us what you've put a deposit down on??

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Could at least tell us what you've put a deposit down on??
Aw cum on. Wake up. Pay attention. Did you not read the OP's thread opener?
Very clearly it says, and I quote, "I have just put a deposit on our first motorhome".
:p:p:whistle::whistle:;);):giggle::giggle:(y)(y)

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Having part ex my Adria for a Chausson, I'm still in that frame of mind. I just can't wait to get my hands on it and play. The Adria is all emptied and cleaned ready for handover, I'm just to scared to take it off the driveway in case someone decides to trash it as I'm getting a good price for it.
Could be another 2 weeks before playtime. :mad::cry::)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Congratulations Martin. So chuffed for you. Bearing in mind all the outside jobs are mine....loo emptying, water filling, grey waste emptying, levelling ramp placing etc, may I just say, it's easy and self levelling doodahs are just self indulgent! :imoutahere:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back