Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,
Been T1 on insulin for 55 years. Since we retired to France I have switched to a low-carb diet, a Libre blood-sugar monitor with a MiaoMiao Bluetooth Sender (check blood-sugars on my watch) & an Omnipod Insulin Pump that is tubeless. I have had peripheral retinopathy for over 5 years.

My good news is the opthalmologist said the retinopathy had now healed due to good diabetic control & sorting my blood-pressure. This suits me & may not be for everyone but though I would share the good news. Still overweight & need to lose weight though. All the best, Roger.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since I was 18.... 20 years !
Insulin pump changed my life . Been T1 diabetic for 21 years.

Had a pump for 5 years and my hba1c is near perfect .

Like you need to lose some weight ...

Daniel

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
Devon.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Really good news about your eyes. I’m sure continuing the diet and losing weight will only help you further. I’ve ditched all carbs bar oats and of course the fruits that have carbs and found weight loss is slow but gradual.

OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
It has been very hot here & I avoid the sun after mole surgery so have not swum in our pool. That is great for me, although getting a bit chill for swimming, could always invest in a wet suit! More dog walking is the answer. Planning a trip back to UK in our tiny camper has taken a lot of our time. Sorted now.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers