LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If youre from just outside Maidstone then France and beyond (in the new normal) are the places you need to visit (IMHO)
I appreciate you like beer, as do i, real proper beer, one that the landlord goes down to the cellar to collect for you, but it is possible with that amount of payload to take the stuff with you.
It is very possible to get over and back to france for less than £120 easily. When there, you dont pay for anything if you decide you dont want to with a little bit of planning.
Numerous threads about France and all the different areas to go to, just dont try dong them all in one go. So if you had a week off it could cost £120 plus diesel in France or however much you spend on campsites/Britstops plus diesel in this country.
For us anything over 6 days and we cross the tunnel (from Guildford area)

movan and a few of her single lady friends are going to be along soon and they will have questions about whether that is your real photo or not.

Welcome

Ha ha... Two problems...

1. The word wife would make my friends behave.

2. I'm too old to even remember what to do with a man.

Welcome Newbie. Sure you will both enjoy the fun and the forum. :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi AdamLovesBeer, & Welcome from deepest Cornwall
just out of interest which oil co , did or do you work for . I worked for ESSO on the Isle of Wight as depot supervisor for 22 years then at Fawley refinery complex for 16 years
1590398240734.png

OP
OP
AdamLovesBeer
May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
CI Riviera 171
Exp
-21 days
Hi AdamLovesBeer, & Welcome from deepest Cornwall
just out of interest which oil co , did or do you work for . I worked for ESSO on the Isle of Wight as depot supervisor for 22 years then at Fawley refinery complex for 16 years
View attachment 390815
Hi, I'm currently working out of Erith and Purfleet on the Thames we have 2 refineries for edible oils, so all the yellow fields you see come to us for crushing. We also di speciality oils like coconut etc
I'm from Somerset originally and moved for work, 22 years with ADM.. 38 years in oil sounds like a long and happy career I'm sure we could swap stories!!
I'm booked to go to our favourite place near mevagissey in july fingers crossed they will be open!!!
Take care.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
If you're going 'over there' then join ACSI for reductions on campsite fees, unless you are going to just use aires. Welcome to the Fun!

Burstnerite

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Overcab Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Hi and welcome.
Yup, someone mentioned weighing the van and comparing to the Gvw for payload - good idea !
Had a CI Riviera 343 in 2000, great van, seem to remember they were imported by Autotrail Vanroyce.
Good luck !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back