T minus 21 and counting!! (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
CI Riviera 171
Exp
-21 days
Hi Folks, newbie here so please be gentle!
As an avid camper enjoying being under canvas with kids, dogs oh and the wife! For the first 50 years of my life. I decided to take the plunge and trade up!!

I've have just purchased my first MH, a 2006 CI Riviera 171. I got it from JMT leisure near W-S-M. I pick it up in 3 weeks so starting to get excited about it ( really needed something to focus on and not Covid).

I have a HGV so not worried about the driving it's just learning the rest of it, how to be a good MH'er.

I've been told to get brit stops and just get out there but looking forward to reading the forums to understand how the heck I do things..right first time!

Appreciate any advice on my choice of MH and what to look out for, need to fit a telly and would like to fit some sort of exterior dog shower( 2 cocker spaniels part of the gang but no kids now!!)

Well I'm sure I'll be posting questions already answered so will do my best to search and read up first.

Well I'll sign off before this becomes war and peace.

#be kind

Good to be here!
Adam

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and :welcome3: Adam!

Hope you'll enjoy your new van.

Probably one of the first things to be aware of is how much stuff (weight) you can carry about. Check the plated GVW - probably 3,500kg, but may be more? Then weigh the van with all your essential stuff in and you and any passengers, to see if you are within the required limit. And from there you can adjust accordingly either adding more stuff if you've got spare weight capacity, or chucking stuff out if you're over.

Strictly speaking, you should weigh each axle also to ensure neither of those are overloaded - again the limits will be on the plate.

Anyway, have a great time! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Good advice, from its kerb weight I think we have around 700kg to play with, luckily i work for an oil refiner and have access to a weighbrridge, but yes keep legal, stay safe.. i hear ya!
Cool - pretty handy having access to your own weighbridge! ;) :giggle:

And 700kg is quite a reasonable amount, but can be surprising how it can get gobbled up. Sounds as though you're on the ball on that score though. :cool:

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to the fun w2f
I can see the sense in an external shower with two cockers !
They should not be difficult to fit and you can start by tracing the h&c pipe runs to find a convenient place to site it.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
One of these could be a simple answer for a pooch shower
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=193226499677
98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I can see the sense in an external shower with two cockers !
They should not be difficult to fit and you can start by tracing the h&c pipe runs to find a convenient place to site it.

Better the suggestion I was going to make of putting the shower head through the loo window (assuming you have one).

The ebay offering would be useful as a bike or kayak wash as well.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi Folks, newbie here so please be gentle!
As an avid camper enjoying being under canvas with kids, dogs oh and the wife! For the first 50 years of my life. I decided to take the plunge and trade up!!

I've have just purchased my first MH, a 2006 CI Riviera 171. I got it from JMT leisure near W-S-M. I pick it up in 3 weeks so starting to get excited about it ( really needed something to focus on and not Covid).

I have a HGV so not worried about the driving it's just learning the rest of it, how to be a good MH'er.

I've been told to get brit stops and just get out there but looking forward to reading the forums to understand how the heck I do things..right first time!

Appreciate any advice on my choice of MH and what to look out for, need to fit a telly and would like to fit some sort of exterior dog shower( 2 cocker spaniels part of the gang but no kids now!!)

Well I'm sure I'll be posting questions already answered so will do my best to search and read up first.

Well I'll sign off before this becomes war and peace.

#be kind

Good to be here!
Adam
High and welcome just to make you aware
You have five free posts
To check out the forum
To continue you need to pay jim the ringleader
£15:00 for a years contribution to this Merry madhouse
? :imoutahere:

OP
OP
AdamLovesBeer
May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
CI Riviera 171
Exp
-21 days
High and welcome just to make you aware
You have five free posts
To check out the forum
To continue you need to pay jim the ringleader
£15:00 for a years contribution to this Merry madhouse
? :imoutahere:
I clicked..I subscribed...fully paid up funster!!
Thanks for letting know, I'm sure it's the going to be the best £15 spent, since the pubs shut!!?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If youre from just outside Maidstone then France and beyond (in the new normal) are the places you need to visit (IMHO)
I appreciate you like beer, as do i, real proper beer, one that the landlord goes down to the cellar to collect for you, but it is possible with that amount of payload to take the stuff with you.
It is very possible to get over and back to france for less than £120 easily. When there, you dont pay for anything if you decide you dont want to with a little bit of planning.
Numerous threads about France and all the different areas to go to, just dont try dong them all in one go. So if you had a week off it could cost £120 plus diesel in France or however much you spend on campsites/Britstops plus diesel in this country.
For us anything over 6 days and we cross the tunnel (from Guildford area)

movan and a few of her single lady friends are going to be along soon and they will have questions about whether that is your real photo or not.

Welcome

OP
OP
AdamLovesBeer
May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
CI Riviera 171
Exp
-21 days
If youre from just outside Maidstone then France and beyond (in the new normal) are the places you need to visit (IMHO)
I appreciate you like beer, as do i, real proper beer, one that the landlord goes down to the cellar to collect for you, but it is possible with that amount of payload to take the stuff with you.
It is very possible to get over and back to france for less than £120 easily. When there, you dont pay for anything if you decide you dont want to with a little bit of planning.
Numerous threads about France and all the different areas to go to, just dont try dong them all in one go. So if you had a week off it could cost £120 plus diesel in France or however much you spend on campsites/Britstops plus diesel in this country.
For us anything over 6 days and we cross the tunnel (from Guildford area)

movan and a few of her single lady friends are going to be along soon and they will have questions about whether that is your real photo or not.

Welcome
Lol...that is the real me ... like it or not?

Spent some great holidays on the Vendee and around Bordeaux, so looking forward to following the Loire and yes is pretty cheap living once your over there..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back