Swopping caravan to mh - recovery (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I know I only have to make a phone call but you lot give far more interesting answers....:)
and a little info always helps.

We currently have RAC recovery via the c&cc which covers the car and caravan.

Has anyone else been in this situ and swopped to a mh part way through a year? Is there an additional charge? Or do I just notify them of the change/additional vehicle.

If we are covered it'll be one less thing to worry about when sorting the insurance.

Cheers

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
swap, these days your joking one lot cancelled no refund for unexpired portion and a dear quote for the motorhome, hee hee. Welcome to the real world.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I guess it may depend on the value difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
swap, these days your joking one lot cancelled no refund for unexpired portion and a dear quote for the motorhome, hee hee. Welcome to the real world.
Exactly what happened to me when swopping from tugging to motorhome . would not even transfer 12 yrs ncb. So kicked them into touch and went with another company .

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hmm .... Not sure, this is a family recovery which covers all the household cars and includes caravan recovery.

Insurance wise hopefully will be ok as the car is insured with me as main driver so oh should be able to use all his ncd (in theory anyway;))

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hmm .... Not sure, this is a family recovery which covers all the household cars and includes caravan recovery.

Insurance wise hopefully will be ok as the car is insured with me as main driver so oh should be able to use all his ncd (in theory anyway;))

I might be wrong but I don't think you get NCD on a motorhome insurance policy ..

as for recovery.. just call them .. shouldn't be an issue or any extra

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
ScotJimland said:
I might be wrong but I don't think you get NCD on a motorhome insurance policy ..

as for recovery.. just call them .. shouldn't be an issue or any extra
I got full ncb on my motorehome when I insured with safeguard ..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you have RAC arrivals via the C&CC you are covered in any vehicle (excluding commercial vehicles...sign written work vans etc) whether you are driving or not and are the owner or not.

The cover is personal based, not vehicle specific.

Some members have had (up to) 11 ton rv's recovered on the arrivals scheme at no extra cost.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I have 2 car policies with 9 yr ncb on each ....and when I took out a motorhome policy they mirrored it giving me 9 yrs on that too ...:)

I pay less for 3 fully comp vehicles than my work mate pays for 1 lol

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers everyone for the info.....

I was under the impression that the mh is classed as a vehicle so will attract ncb. I was also under the impression that you can only normally use ncb on 1 vehicle at a time - but it sounds as though others have had a different experience.

We have 1 car and we get the mh end of the month so my thinking was that oh will be able use his ncb on that. (I wasn't really expecting ncb on the recovery tbh)

I know safeguard include recovery as standard - I'm just trying to keep all options open :).

Pappajohn - yes we have arrivals, I wondered if that was the case.....

Well more phone calls in the morning

Deb

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Adrian Flux have accepted proof of ncd by post from work on my works van!

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Adrian Flux have accepted proof of ncd by post from work on my works van!

Every little helps!:)

Pappajohn was right - I've rung the RAC, yes the mh is covered for recovery no restrictions weight, length etc. same cover as for the cars.

It is only uk though so will look at other options eg safeguard

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I stand corrected on NCD.

my recollection was when I had a fulltime policy that didn't accrue NCD . and prior to that when I had a car and a motorhome and could only get NCD on the car.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I stand corrected on NCD.

my recollection was when I had a fulltime policy that didn't accrue NCD . and prior to that when I had a car and a motorhome and could only get NCD on the car.
Thanks, that was my understanding so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Should be ok as we only have the 1 car since the other got written off in the storms a while ago. Although it might make a difference I suppose, as we have to declare the write off as an uninsured loss as it was our roof that came off and wrote the car off:(

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
found the RAC.were cheaper through the CCC.and they brought home our 6mtr.motorhome.on the back of a trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back