Swollen internal doors (1 Viewer)

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
Havn't used the M/H since November.. Now find that the toilet door wont close and the wardrobe door wont open due to swollen doors.. Its 17c in their today.. Do they normally go back/shrink with a temperature rise? I suppose you get what you pay for.
Thanks

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi
This doesnt usually happen.

Are you parked with 2 wheels up a kerb or something as this can cause the chassis to twist and the frames go out of line. As Bolero owners may tell you.

Phill

OP
OP
D

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
Thanks for reply..
No, its stands on the drive on all 4's. Although it must be tilted towards the front because the rain tends to run off the front corner. I thought it was because the air had been so damp,
but its been warm in their the last 2 days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

shardav

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
holbeach
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
1 1/2 years
well your not the only one i have a elddis autoquest 100 and my toilet door is also sticking and i too haven't used since november ( perhaps they dont like november)

snailsontour

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Don't panic, it is just the damp weather - the same thing has happened to ours in just six weeks over Christmas/Jan. After a weekend away with the heating on most areas have now recovered. I expect the improvement to continue this weekend. If not, then it should be perfect after a few weeks in Greece.:Smile:
Bob

OP
OP
D

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
Hopefully 4 days out next week and some welly from the electrics on the CC site may produce some results. We shall see.
Thanks again.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, the doors do swell with the moist winter air and inactivity. Once you start spending some time in it they should shrink back.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
As most RV'ers on here will know, Mo and I have always been firm advocates of a de-humidifier inside our RV but we have never had proof that it works - beyond our own gut-instincts.

We have lived in our RV full-time for nearly five years now but at the end of November last year we had to move back into bricks-n-mortar and the RV was put into (non-electric) storage until the beginning of this Month.

We have never, ever suffered from damp or swollen doors or any king of humidity problems in all that time BUT three months in storage have resulted in two interior locker doors expanding across the depth of the door and splintering into several pieces!

Proof indeed that is de-humidifier is a necessary evil sometimes!

OP
OP
D

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
As most RV'ers on here will know, Mo and I have always been firm advocates of a de-humidifier inside our RV but we have never had proof that it works - beyond our own gut-instincts.

Proof indeed that is de-humidifier is a necessary evil sometimes!
Thanks and noted for next year.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
three months in storage have resulted in two interior locker doors expanding across the depth of the door and splintering into several pieces!

so in view of that if you're leaving the van in storage over winter and unheated then leave the doors open a crack.....they'll shrink back but the cracks wont heal themselves. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back