Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Request for information please,

Our swivel seats are rather difficult to "swivel"

Could anyone suggest a suitable lubricant, WD40, light machine oil, or something else?

All suggestions appreciated

Thanks in advance:thumb:

Nomadic

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Only time one of ours got stiff I lubricated ours with some light oil, to get it working and followed up a day or so later with some light spray on grease, never had any more problems.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Take the seat base off complete with seat (heavy)
Up turn seat and you will see a large simmonds nut at the centre of the turn table.Slacken this nut a tad then try to swivel the base by hand.Do not slacken nut too much as you will have play (tilting) on the seat when replaced.
When I had the same problem with mine I took the centre nut right off and split the turntable and gave it a good greasing.But it would have worked just the same buy undoing the nut a tad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Our Mercedes Swivel Bases have a locking pin which goes thro the large centre nut (approx 75mm AF ) and hollow shaft (approx 50mm dia). [sizes approx from memory]
So I dismantled the assembly (very Heavy), gave a general clean up re-grease and re-assembled complete with lock pin. They are improved but don't exactly spin.

Steve

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Try a bit of grease or light oil, not too much you dont want to have a smelly mess,
mines of those machine formed with a lipped over middle i just used a machine oil it seems to work ok :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I use a spray on 'dry' teflon lubricant which is designed for cycle and motorcycle sprockets and chains. This is very, very slippery. It is also very clean, because once sprayed on, the 'filler propellant' evaporates, leaving a very clean and effective film of lubricant which will stay exactly where you want it. Freely available from Halfords or other bike shops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back