Swivel seat security (4 Viewers)

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Is your Boxer like mine, as in you have to put the drivers seat right back to swivel it due to the hand brake getting in the way?
If so, I've thought of trying to lock the actual seat forward rather than trying to stop it turning, as it can't turn anyway when forward.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ive been reading this post all day and trying to do some work as well.
i notice a few have put the lock right through both plates and some just at the front through one as in the YT vid.
i have a boxer and i think it only works through one plate.
so im looking to get the standard lock, hope i`m right and it fits through without being to loose.
i probably need to order and look for washers once it comes,

some on ebay have an expensive delivery charge.

thanks in advance for any advice.
If your seat folds forward any theif will just fold it and sit on the back or they will force it forward.

If they are in it and want to take it they will regardless.

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
If your seat folds forward any theif will just fold it and sit on the back or they will force it forward.

Yes, I think it's better to fit the ejector seat option, straight through the roof light!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

My son was convinced he could do just that and get his feet on the pedals. He tried lot's of different methods but failed miserably.

2012 Fiat Ducato motorhome

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My son was convinced he could do just that and get his feet on the pedals. He tried lot's of different methods but failed miserably.

2012 Fiat Ducato motorhome
He obviously didn't try hard enough. Probably scared to damage your motorhome. I guarantee a thief wont be bothered about damaging a few parts to steal the whole van.

Im happy to test anyone's security features if they want ....not responsible for damage but youll soon know if it works or not.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I have been trying to work out how I could make this work with 2 leisure batteries under the drivers seat as it seems great, cheap and simple idea. After reading a couple of posts on here about folding the seat down when it is facing backwards and driving the van I thought as I had our van at work today on a big bit of private land I would have a go.
I spun the seat round, moved it as far away from the steering wheel as it would go and folded it down as far as it would go. I then started the van and drove off!!!!.
It wasn’t comfortable and would be a lot easier in an automatic but I could still drive.
Shame as it seemed such a great idea.

Jun 29, 2020
Preston, UK
Funster No
MH
boxer L4 H3
Exp
self built and finished
I have been trying to work out how I could make this work with 2 leisure batteries under the drivers seat as it seems great, cheap and simple idea. After reading a couple of posts on here about folding the seat down when it is facing backwards and driving the van I thought as I had our van at work today on a big bit of private land I would have a go.
I spun the seat round, moved it as far away from the steering wheel as it would go and folded it down as far as it would go. I then started the van and drove off!!!!.
It wasn’t comfortable and would be a lot easier in an automatic but I could still drive.
yep your right,
i tried it as well. damn those seats

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yep ive driven an old vw van 30 miles sitting on an upturned plastic bucket. You can believe any theif will suffer a bit discomfort if they get away with the van

Jul 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 590
Hi I have fitted my disklok to my van and my friend said why don’t I turn my swivel seat around and drill a hole in the runner and padlock it in the turned around position so they won’t be able to sit and drive if they go to steal
It has anybody done this
Yep I've done it...works a treat.
But I suppose if they've enough time and the correct equipment nothing is their proof

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
A quality long shackle padlock (this one is an Ingersoll Impregnable) through the steering knuckle makes going in the right direction difficult and it is an awkward place to get to with an angle grinder. In this photo the padlock is fitted incorrectly - the free shank should go to the back.

Bailey Security 2.jpg

May 16, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2015
Hi I have fitted my disklok to my van and my friend said why don’t I turn my swivel seat around and drill a hole in the runner and padlock it in the turned around position so they won’t be able to sit and drive if they go to steal
It has anybody done this
Yes works perfectly

Squeak

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It has anybody done this
I've fitted a motorbike disklock to the underside of drivers seat, no drilling needed as there's a hole that was perfect for it. Would take picture but can't get to it, see attatchment, cost £50

Screenshot_20240417_083527_Chrome.jpg

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
I've fitted a motorbike disklock to the underside of drivers seat, no drilling needed as there's a hole that was perfect for it. Would take picture but can't get to it, see attatchment, cost £50

View attachment 886645
Mines a Patriot but no drilling on Ford Transit, seats don't turn fully. could be driven but not very far as the backrest on the seat restricts you.
IMG_20200801_123041_edit_1448286330429525.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back