Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I would like to fit a swivel seat kit to the passenger seat in our swift sundance, although after Mrs J was so grumpy on our last trip perhaps an ejector seat would be more useful LoL.

I have heard swivel kits can rattle without someone sat on the seat?

Are some of the kits easier to fit?

We have the X250 Ducato cab 2006 onwards. Magnums of Grimsby have a CTA swivel kit for £129 anyone fitted this one or able to recommend another one.

Any assistance appreciated.

Paul

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
I've fitted one in our 2005 Fiat/ Lunar. Was pretty easy to fit and it certainly does not rattle at all. Work amounted to removing seat 4 bolts ,fitting swivel base 4 bolts in same location as those removed and fitting seat to swivel 4 bolts. Cost about £110 on ebay 12 months ago.
Ian

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
We fitted two of the CTA swivels to our X250 Citroën Relay without much difficulty. Note that you will need to disconnect and reconnect the cables that link to the airbags - make sure you have the ignition off and keep it off throughout the process.

As with all swivels, the seat will end up higher. My recollection is that it was about 40mm or so for the CTA and it is one of the thinner makes. Depending on the length of SWMBOs legs, this may or may not be an issue.

We ended up opting for reduced height seat boxes as we adapted both seats and wanted to keep feet firmly on the floor and handbrake lever in easy reach. This would not be necessary for everyone - we are small but beautifully formed!

Rattling of the swivels has not been an issue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
This was the one we used priced at £104.00
Ian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
As with all swivels, the seat will end up higher. My recollection is that it was about 40mm or so for the CTA and it is one of the thinner makes. Depending on the length of SWMBOs legs, this may or may not be an issue.

Good to know CTA does not rattle and is straightforward to fit but you have raised a point I had not thought of.

Could be an issue as SWMBO is only 5" 1 although invariably she has a dog that has wedged itself under her feet but worth serious consideration. Thank you, for that and where did you get lower seat boxes or did you have to modify yourself?
Paul

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Thanks everyone, apart from raised seat height sounds relatively straight forward

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Good to know CTA does not rattle and is straightforward to fit but you have raised a point I had not thought of.

Could be an issue as SWMBO is only 5" 1 although invariably she has a dog that has wedged itself under her feet but worth serious consideration. Thank you, for that and where did you get lower seat boxes or did you have to modify yourself?
Paul
Buy her tall platform shoes cheaper than lower seat boxes lol

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
..where did you get lower seat boxes or did you have to modify yourself?
Paul
Modifying seat boxes as a DIY project is possibly not a good idea and might invalidate your insurance? Your welding would need to be of a very high standard to guarantee withstanding the forces involved on a seat box in any shunt.

The ones I fitted were made by SportsKraft and were supplied by Marcle Leisure back in 2013. I tack welded some 5mm rods across the drivers box to take the X250 underseat tray. The toolbox with jack still fits under the passenger side.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
fitted one on a previous van 2005 Ducato..
Do a search on youtube and there is a video for it...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back