Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
We are 4.2 tons and understand that we need to pay (Somehow) to pass through Switzerland, even on non motorway roads. But can't seem to be able to find any up to date prices etc. Has anyone done it this year?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Although not this year, we went through this time last year. We were only passing through but had to pay min charge of 27 chf. So I asked the douane geezer how many days this would give me and I got 7 for it. Well worth staying over for, but not worth it to pass through. We bought ours at the border - Vallorbe. You will need your v5 and driving licence. They spoke perfect English, Except the irate one who wanted me to move my vehicle pronto from where he told me to park. :rolleyes: Then on my way after no more than 10 mins.

OP
OP
Norman Jones

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
Cheers, so it sounds like roughly 30 quid for about 10 days, that's not so daunting as Austria by the sound of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
We travelled through Switzerland on our our way to Italy in June this year. We stopped at the German/Swiss border and bought our heavy vehicle (anything over 3.5t) tax document which cost CHF 32.50. Only document required was V5. They in turn give you a declaration form which covers you for staying 10 days in Switzerland and lasts for 10 accumalitive days and lasts for a year. You must list each date of travel on the declaration form whilst in Switzerland, failure to do so leads to an instant on the spot fine, you must also remember to fill in the form before entering the country if you decide to travel back through Switzerland on your return journey.

Pete

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I think you'll find the 10-day pass is valid for a year from date of issue. Hope so, 'cos we used ours over two calendar years!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We will be in Switzerland in about a month on our way to Italy. The sister-in-law (lives in Italy) asked of we had bought our "wig net" for Switzerland, I told her (again) that as we are an HGV the vignette doesn't apply to us and we need the 10 day pass. Now she has started on at Martin that we will need a "wig net" and he was in a flat spin about it ........ I have managed to calm him down by showing him the regulations. We are planning to do an overnight in Switzerland on the way through - it seems a shame to have a 10 day pass and only use 2 of the days. I know Switzerland is expensive (nephew worked there for 4 years) but last time I was there was in the 1960s and I want to see if it is as magnificent as I remember.

Coming back we might detour through some places Martin used to work in Switzerland.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Will be coming back thru Switzerland (italy to Germany) in September good information on over 3.5t thanks. Is there anything else you still have to pay ie tolls or tunnels or does the whatever it is cover these :)
Thanks

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
No the HGV pass covers everything.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Vehicle specific I'm afraid Dave. Registration clearly marked.
Ah thought as much but best to check
Thanks again Terry hope your keeping well

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
If you paint your Camper vans in Khaki and add some gun turrets then you can claim they are military vehicles = void of any heavy vehicle tax:D

Just avoid coming in from the North as you'll set the air raid warning sirens off as they'll think the German are coming:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back