Switzerland -dog friendly or not? (1 Viewer)

Orchid288

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi. Just wondering if Switzerland is dog friendly and also any issues with crossing the boarder with the dogs? Obviously I have a eu passport just wondered if there were any restrictions also don’t want to mussel her

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We crossed Switzerland last year (we don't have a dog) but people at the camperstop had dogs and there did not appear to be a problem with dogs (outside seating) at the on site cafe.

I have no idea about pet passports for entry into Switzerland, sorry.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
No issues with dogs, we took our two springers in 2018, unfortunately the m home needed to be repatriated so it was a hire car home, we used the vet in Switzerland for getting their passports stamped as we had booked an earlier train back, v thorough but v expensive as is most thing there, we paid 130 Swiss francs?? and just paid 20euro in Germany. So wait until your out of Switzerland to sort your dog passports.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We had no problem with our dog last year going in and out of Switzerland. Not even a check just money at the border for vehicle irrespective of the occupants

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Hi
Switzerland is one of the most dog friendly countries we have travelled to. We took our dog there for 6 weeks over the last winter and he and we had a fantastic time with him. In fact we are travelling back out there in 2 weeks. He was made really welcome both on sites and in public places. Dogs are welcome inside shops and cafes without any objections.

We had him vet checked and signed off for his pet passport at a local vet which cost approximately 30CHF.

You will have a great time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back