Jun 15, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi, this is prob a ridiculous Q but I can’t find answers anywhere 🙈

Me and my partner are converting a 2015 Vauxhall Movano. It’s coming along a treat and we can’t wait to hit the open road when restrictions are lifted. We’re considering our seating options as we currently have the standard captain and bench seats. There’s 2 options:
  1. To install swivel bases on the captain and bench seats (in which case would anyone know where we could purchase these?)
  2. Buying 2 new captains seats with swivels for more space and comfort.
So my Q is, if we buy 2 new captains seats, do we need to stick to Vauxhall seats or could we buy another make such as VW (with swivels) and fit to the van?

Cheers for any advice!

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
There was a video on You Tube by about fitting a swivel to a Sprinter double seat. It meant you got a bench seat without taking up space in the living area. I think it was Greg Verigo, scuse spelling if it’s wrong. His van build is worth looking at. He made a very professional job of the convertion.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scotslass

Scotslass

Free Member
Jun 15, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thanks v much 👌🏻 Could any type of seat fit to this base do you know?

OP
OP
Scotslass

Scotslass

Free Member
Jun 15, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’m a newbie
There was a video on You Tube by about fitting a swivel to a Sprinter double seat. It meant you got a bench seat without taking up space in the living area. I think it was Greg Verigo, scuse spelling if it’s wrong. His van build is worth looking at. He made a very professional job of the convertion.
I’ve seen some of Greg’s videos, he done a hellova job! 😎

Suvvi

Free Member
Sep 14, 2018
East Lothian
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer conversion
Exp
Caravan's and tents to date..
2nd shout for Kiravans. I used them for my Peugeot seat swivels and excellent service. The swivels are manufactured for each type of seat base and seat. If you plan on changing the seats, you will either have to build a bracket for the new seat, get a suitable donor seat or get very lucky!

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I'd happy take your bench seat

Does it have the fold down middle seat/table?

I have a captain seat but it knackered and mk2.

Cheers janes

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
any seat can be fitted to any base but many will need a lot of fabrication work look for some thing with the same width runners,removing a double seat for a single will require one of the pretensioners to be removed and replaced with a resistor or you will get an error code flag up dont turn on the ignition while the seats are unplugged for the same reason

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
also remember swivels will raise the seat so you may need shorter bases especially if the driver is tall

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Movano bench seats don't have bases, so there are no bench seat swivels available that I've found. They have welded steel legs. The legs attach to floor fittings that will take a single seat base that can take a swivel.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You should be able to get Aguti or ISRI seats that fit but not cheap probably no change out of a grand or two.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Swivel kit for bench seat available from www.customshopdesigns.com.
i had one fitted to our Citroen Relay PVC, check out the vids it’s our van with the light grey panels.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I've brought as T5 swivel seat as I'm thinking a T5 is narrower than the movano and will allow passage back to front and I get to keep the double front seat.

Cheers James

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Unfortunately, the Movano is equivalent to the Renault Master. There's loads of options for Renault Relay which is the same as Vauxhall Vivaro.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry, I got slightly confused there (confusing the Citroen Relay with the Renault Trafic). However, unfortunately, the Citroen Relay is not related to the Movano, either. It is a basically a Fiat Ducato. I still haven't found a conversion for the Movano bench seat, which, at a cursory glance, it not surprising when you see how it is constructed from welded pipework rather than sitting on a nice rectangular base that you could bolt a swivel to.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Sorry, I got slightly confused there (confusing the Citroen Relay with the Renault Trafic). However, unfortunately, the Citroen Relay is not related to the Movano, either. It is a basically a Fiat Ducato. I still haven't found a conversion for the Movano bench seat, which, at a cursory glance, it not surprising when you see how it is constructed from welded pipework rather than sitting on a nice rectangular base that you could bolt a swivel to.
Speak to custom designs they do kits fo many makes of vehicle

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Speak to custom designs they do kits fo many makes of vehicle

Although if they do, it is likely to be very expensive, as it would require a new seat base and modification of the existing bench seat structure. You probably need to look at the Movano bench seat structure to understand why it is so difficult compared to other vans. I think it would be easier to find a bench seat and base from a different van, fit a swivel to that and bolt it to the floor (presumably requiring newly positioned holes).

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Although if they do, it is likely to be very expensive, as it would require a new seat base and modification of the existing bench seat structure. You probably need to look at the Movano bench seat structure to understand why it is so difficult compared to other vans. I think it would be easier to find a bench seat and base from a different van, fit a swivel to that and bolt it to the floor (presumably requiring newly positioned holes).
No alterations are needed to the seat or the frame, the swivel kit is bolted direct onto the existing fixing holes in bench frame then base is bolted to floor pan. It took around 45 mins to unbolt bench frame from floor, add the top unit of swivel to frame and then bolt bottom section to floor Then join together. No alterations needed to bench, frame or floor.
the swivel units are made to EU crash spec and are designed and made in Blackburn.
your idea of getting a seat from another van may not work because of the seat belts.
if you cannot see the one that fits your van on the website call them they are really helpful.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back