switches zig unit etc help! (1 Viewer)

mal6186

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
just bought 93 autosleeper trident vwt4. Can anybody explain switches for electrics, pump/heating etc on the panel on wall. I am bit confused and have no instructions. There seems to be switch on tap also? Advice appreciated.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant help with the control panel but the switches on the taps are micro switches and turn on the water pump when a tap is opened.......thats if they are connected..... some arent as some pumps work differently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mal6186

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
zig unit confusion

this is it - there are two switches on it and also separate control for heating

Attachments

• RIMG0184.jpg
    RIMG0184.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 112
  • RIMG0185.jpg
    RIMG0185.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
As for heater, I think it will be a Propex 1600.

Instructions (including the control you picture) downloadable here:

Link Removed

I'm pretty sure there was an MC-2000 download on the web somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

HTH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mal6186

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
thank you for that - i'll keep searching on web for zig unit instruction

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
thank you for that - i'll keep searching on web for zig unit instruction

Can't find it at the moment, though I did find a slightly earlier Trident Manual and Wiring Diagram that might be a bit of help (previous model though :Sad:) at:

Link Removed

I had a '92 Trident from new, so memory very rusty but following is what I think (I take no responsibility for poor memory):

If your 'van was fitted with a leisure battery from scratch, and I think they all were by this time (on my previous Autosleeper it was an orderable extra) then you should have a mains charger (Zig DCU3) hidden away in a cupboard somewhere. From memory this was switchable on the unit, and worked fully independently of the control panel.

Factory-fitted water pump was pressure-switched, not micro-switched, so your tap should not be switched unless someone has altered the arrangements.

All the 12v fuses are under the fuse flap. Without a manual/wiring diagram I couldn't say which is which. You might want to test by removing each in turn and finding out what doesn't work.

The Fridge light indicates when the fridge is working on 12v (which it should do only when the engine is running and the switch at the fridge itself is set to 12v).

The LH switch will be the main (leisure circuits) 12v isolator. FWIW, I believe the battery is charged either by the alternator when engine running, or mains charger when that is running, irrespective of the switch position.

The RH switch....hm....logically this can only be the water pump switch. (but if the taps are now micro-switched by subsequent rewiring, see above, then this may have no function).

The socket takes a 12v Din or 'Hella' plug for accessories up to 10amp.

The water gauge is fairly self explanatory. Press the button to read the level, use the Set 'trim' (it turns) to calibrate the high point when full (only necessary once - in theory).

HTH

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back