Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Hi, lovely sunny day and have fitted new head unit with a reversing camera. As ever not straight forward but getting there. Has anybody got the faintest idea where I pick up a reverse feed so it interrupts the head unit display for the camera when I put it into gear. Its a 2016 Ducato PVC. Thanks

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
I would suggest either the reverse light switch on the gearbox or take a feed back from the reversing lights.
whichever is easiest (or not nigh on impossible!!)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There is a reverse light signal in the driver's side dashboard fusebox, it used to be a green wire in the bundle to bottom right of the fuseboard but all the colours and some locations have changed when they brought in Euro iv. Check with a digital meter.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
locsuna

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Thanks for the info. I found the wire colours from the gearbox switch and traced them back to the fuse box under the steering wheel (lhd) and tried testing with a meter. I can find ignition switched live but not a live when in reverse with the ignition on. They all appear to be ignition live or no supply.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Reverse lights ARE ignition switched, it would be too easy to leave in reverse when parked and flatten battery.
I'm sure the majority of reverse cameras are earth switched for reverse.
The reverse switch may have one or two wires.....single wire option will be earth via the switch and the lights are live.
Twin wire will be live (ign on) on one wire and the other to earth via the rev lights.
Connect to the second wire.....no options in the fuse box or under dash.

Last edited:

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I must admit I prefer not to have autoswitching as sometimes you need one view and sometimes the other so I fit a manual switch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
locsuna

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Thanks for the help. The reverse switch has indeed two wires but I git tired of it so I have wired it through a switch just under the dash. I think I like the idea of controlling it myself. If I find it a chore I can go back to the reverse switch. Again thanks for the help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back