Swiss pay booth location (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Any one know the co ordinates for toll payment office coming from France on a35 to Basel into Switzerland as I will need a 10 day pass for a 4.25 ton van.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Any one know the co ordinates for toll payment office coming from France on a35 to Basel into Switzerland as I will need a 10 day pass for a 4.25 ton van.
AFAIK, you wouldn't need the co ordinates of the pay booth. As you get to the border, stop and walk in. That's what I did. To be honest, I hadn't realised that I was going into Switzerland but as the border appeared, I stopped and was directed to payments. I bought 12 months pass (sub 3.5 tonne)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just tell the border cop you need a toll pass and he'll direct you to the office. Dead simple and the guys inside are very helpful too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Last year, we bought ours at a motorway services just before we got to Switzerland. When we got to the border checkpoint, there was nobody manning it, so couldn't have purchased it there anyway.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
47.576283, 7.560369 are the coordinates for the small car park just through customs where you stop. From there go on foot back under the big white umbrella canopies and you will see the office on the left. The forms are on the bench inside the office. You can pay by card or cash.
If you pay cash in euro's any change given will be given in Swiss Francs.

Pete

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
That is the way we entered Switzerland.

Just follow the signs for cars, NOT trucks. Border guards will be standing by the carriageway. Tell them you need a pass for over 3.5T otherwise they may point you to the wrong booth. They speak English and are very friendly. Ours told us where to park, walked in with us to the office and helped us fill in the forms correctly then showed us where to pay. All very civilised.

You will get a pass that allows you to use it for any 10 days within a year of purchase. You have to fill it out every day you are in Switzerland. We were able to use it for our trip to Italy and also on the way back about 4 weeks later.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
ust follow the signs for cars, NOT trucks. Border guards will be standing by the carriageway. Tell them you need a pass for over 3.5T otherwise they may point you to the wrong booth. They speak English and are very friendly. Ours told us where to park, walked in with us to the office and helped us fill in the forms correctly then showed us where to pay. All very civilised.

You will get a pass that allows you to use it for any 10 days within a year of purchase. You have to fill it out every day you are in Switzerland. We were able to use it for our trip to Italy and also on the way back about 4 weeks later.

Is that the same / similar procedure for all main road border crossings and how much did you pay please ?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I've only ever done one other border crossing into Switzerland but the procedure was the same.

OP
OP
Polar bear
Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Thanks very much for information does the pass include tunnel into Italy or is that a separate charge

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks very much for information does the pass include tunnel into Italy or is that a separate charge
What tunnel? As far as I know it includes all the motorways and tunnels, but not sure of cross border tunnels. We entered at Basel and then drove on the A3 and A2 via the Gotthard Tunnel and entered Italy at Como. Reasonable run all the way out except for a 20 minute queue for the Gotthard Tunnel. But got stuck in a 1 hour queue onto Basel on the way back.

OP
OP
Polar bear
Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
That’s great thanks this makes it a much more cost effective route than driving further south in France and then through the tunnel to Italy

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
That’s great thanks this makes it a much more cost effective route than driving further south in France and then through the tunnel to Italy
Quicker and much cheaper than using French toll motorways and the Mont Blanc or Frejus tunnel. Even cheaper if you use the Belgian motorways through to Luxembourg (cheap diesel there) and then turn South to Metz and then take the N57 and then N66 through to Mulhouse and then Basel. But be prepared to get a good shaking on the Belgian roads.

We did that route and stopped at the Aire on the River Moselle at Pont-a-Mousson, just South of Nancy. Next day took our time and stopped early at the free Aire in Thann in France, about half and hour from the Swiss border. That meant we could get into Switzerland the next morning and give us plenty of time to get through it and into Italy in the day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back