Swift's Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Unfortunately our 07 Bessecarr E 435 developed a fault with the roof lining and had to go back to the factory. We went up and picked it up from the factory on Friday. Not only have Swift done what needed doing but a few other things I hadn’t realised needed doing, and on top of that they replaced the habitation door frame FOC that was damaged due to an attempted break in a few months back.
When picking up the engineer explained everything that had been done and why and to make sure we were happy.
At all times customer services were in contact via e-mail snail-mail and phone, many thanks to Kath, Carol and Peter for that.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
It is very reassuring to know that Swift as a company CARE about their customers. I will certainly consider another Swift motorhome in the future.

Many thanks

Dane & Hazel

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Great News !

It just goes to show that by getting involved with Forums, these companies can see the extent of peoples feelings and seize the chance of turning a poor situation to one of total satisfaction - even admiration.

Well done Swift !

Paul

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
:thumb: Well done Swift, as a Bessie owner (E425) it's very reassuring... that's on top of owning a m/h that ticks all of our boxes:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Certainly improved vastly since i had a new Swift caravan in 2004.

Well done Swift I would now happily buy a Swift product again now:thumb:

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It is alway nice to here of a good out come and thanks for posting it Diabalo.

Well done Swift.:thumb:

I just hope our Hymer does not develop any faults because I doubt the after service from you know who who:Angry: be any thing like people are now reporting about the Swift group.

Mabe our next van might be a Swift?

Richard...

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Glad to hear Swift are getting their act together at last. We had a Swift from new and there were a multitude of problems - bits falling off /falling to pieces - nothing that put the vehicle off the road, but annoying things nevertheless. We always seemed to be "waiting for parts". As soon as one part arrived something else went wrong. The dealer was fantastic, but was let down time and time again by Swift. I sold the Swift and bought an Autocruise (now owned by Swift - is there no getting away from them?), and have had problem free touring. I put this down to better build quality and better quality control. I'm glad they have improved, but they have lost me as a customer.

Martin

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thats great

It makes a change to read good things about a dealer.

Hope they benefit from your post and the dodgy dealers pay the price. :thumb:

Perhaps we should all post and praise the good dealers I think most of us only mention the rubbish ones.

I'll post a report on Motorhome Medics this week after they work on my van.

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Yeah, the dealer is Simpsons of Yarmouth. They tried everything but were frustrated by Swift at every turn. I tried to deal with Swift myself and was told by them in no uncertain terms that they only speak to the dealers. Every part took 8-10 weeks and then some were wrong. This became serious when water started leaking through the accomodation door whilst in the Highlands. I was informed that the door seals would take 6-10 weeks to materialise. The dealer kindly parked the van under cover whilst waiting for the seals.

Anyway thats all history now, thank goodness.:Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I think everyone now knows theres a new 'broom' at Swift with their Managing Director and his customer/product support team.

We have been a Swift Main Dealer since we opened in 1995 and have seen the changes and have every confidence in the product.

Whatever MH one chooses, they all invariably have some faults but Swift are the only converter with the balls to put their head on the block in open forum and admit they have a problem:Doh: when it does occur and FIX it.

Do you see any other converter doing that or inviting people to go round their factory:thumb:

Regards.

Peter

M

mariner01

Deleted User
NEC Show

Just back from NEC show where we have our Owners' Club stand courtesy of Swift. Had some very helpful chats with those 'in command' and found that they are good listeners and have every confidence they will act on helpful suggestions.
It makes a nice change to hear some 'good testimonials' - keep it up.
Best Regards to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
It's beginning to look like I may well do a U-turn sometime in the future. I have made a point of not even looking at Swift motorhomes because of all the problems I'd heard about, which is a shame because in my opinion the Bolero was one of the most beautiful looking motorhomes out there - but I didn't look at it, because it was a Swift.
With all the good stuff that seems to be coming out now I will certainly have a look when it comes to trade-time.
Good work, Swift. :thumb:

John

M

mariner01

Deleted User
Bolero

It's beginning to look like I may well do a U-turn sometime in the future. I have made a point of not even looking at Swift motorhomes because of all the problems I'd heard about, which is a shame because in my opinion the Bolero was one of the most beautiful looking motorhomes out there - but I didn't look at it, because it was a Swift.
With all the good stuff that seems to be coming out now I will certainly have a look when it comes to trade-time.
Good work, Swift. :thumb:

John

Yes, we had a Kontiki before this one but as soon as I saw the Bolero that was it - it certainly is very popular. Mind you the weight has a lot to do with it particularly when nearing that mature golden age! :RollEyes: Lots of people change for one reason or another and we have a number of members who returned to the 'fold'!

Sorry you 'heard' about various problems. I guess we all hear certain things about different manufacturers but the secret is to find a dealer who are are comfortable with and have a good rapport.

Maybe we will see you in the future! :winky:

Best Regards

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I think everyone now knows theres a new 'broom' at Swift with their Managing Director and his customer/product support team.

We have been a Swift Main Dealer since we opened in 1995 and have seen the changes and have every confidence in the product.

Whatever MH one chooses, they all invariably have some faults but Swift are the only converter with the balls to put their head on the block in open forum and admit they have a problem:Doh: when it does occur and FIX it.

Do you see any other converter doing that or inviting people to go round their factory:thumb:

Regards.

Peter
I have to agree with Peter although as a Autocruise owner they did agree to sort my problem out I can see their side of the problem and how they have seen to other customers.

S

sundancerdcp

Deleted User
Swift dealers

Well done Swift.
The fact that they will help and back up the dealers is a good sales point.
We can't complain about our Dealer.
Family business Kerrs of Paignton have won Swift dealership awards and really are a family team. Alan ( the dad) keeps an eye on Stewart and together they'll offer you a service that will keep you travelling to Paignton for a mini break and service.

We have had minor electrical problems on the 06 Sundance. Judging by the chat we have not been alone however Kerrs have paid for the travel when we have returned to have the vehicle looked at.They have hire cars ( free for 100 miles) while the van is being worked on and to date we have had 2 new leisure batteries fitted and a lot of wiring repaired all nil cost.

We'll stick with this family as they do care.:thumb:

M

mariner01

Deleted User
Reputation is important

Well done Swift.
The fact that they will help and back up the dealers is a good sales point.
We can't complain about our Dealer.
Family business Kerrs of Paignton have won Swift dealership awards and really are a family team. Alan ( the dad) keeps an eye on Stewart and together they'll offer you a service that will keep you travelling to Paignton for a mini break and service.

We have had minor electrical problems on the 06 Sundance. Judging by the chat we have not been alone however Kerrs have paid for the travel when we have returned to have the vehicle looked at.They have hire cars ( free for 100 miles) while the van is being worked on and to date we have had 2 new leisure batteries fitted and a lot of wiring repaired all nil cost.

We'll stick with this family as they do care.:thumb:

We are also Alan Kerr fans and recently they did some warranty work on our van - more important is the fact that they picked our van up and redelivered it - a 240 mile round trip! Their workmanship is good and reliable - Thanks to them and Swift for appointing a reliable and trustworthy dealership. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi ,I do not want to throw a spanner in the good Swift works but it seams they are CHERRY PICKING.Last year on the dark side Gokel asked about dirty black stuff around his lockers (excess sealent)Peter promised to get back to him several times plus other members of SMG staff with answers but as yet they have to reply !!!:Eeek: He and several others are still waiting It should not be left this way plus not have to mention on this side :whatthe: As it stands they are blaming Bostick sealent suppliers and awaiting answers :thumb:FROM LAST YEAR:cry: YET THEY STILL CHURNING THE SAME PROBLEM OUT
Terry

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi ,I do not want to throw a spanner in the good Swift works but it seams they are CHERRY PICKING.Last year on the dark side Gokel asked about dirty black stuff around his lockers (excess sealent)Peter promised to get back to him several times plus other members of SMG staff with answers but as yet they have to reply !!!:Eeek: He and several others are still waiting It should not be left this way plus not have to mention on this side :whatthe: As it stands they are blaming Bostick sealent suppliers and awaiting answers :thumb:FROM LAST YEAR:cry: YET THEY STILL CHURNING THE SAME PROBLEM OUT
Terry

Wow Terry, thought I didn't need glasses any more with that post:Eeek:

We are not having any problems with our Swifts, if you are bring YOUR Swift down to us for a valet.

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Peter,thanks for the offer but I don't have a swift :ROFLMAO: It is Gokels that I offered advise on, then been watching for Swifts reply but after him asking a further twice he is I belive still waiting !!! just thought I would mention that they have not done anything about it :Eeek: YET,thereby doing themselfs no good what so ever after all there(and yours) good work on here and the dark side.perhaps I should mine my own :Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Terry

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Swift Feedback

If I have missed some threads and not responded - I apologise.

I posted our response to the complaint about the sealant becoming dirty and unsightly on motorhomefacts at the end of January.

We have recently changed our process in production and we are now trimming off excess mastic before despatching vehicles. This is giving us an immediate improvement.

However, we are still looking at different design methods on how we can improve the appearance without compromising on the adhesive systems that are currently used for the fitting of exterior doors and windows.

Regards
Kath

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Kath may I sugest that you find Gokels oringinal post about sticky black gundge and post your reply/recomendation there so that the people following the thread may see it :thumb: and not just what you are doing now.As i understand he is still waiting your instruction :Doh:
terry:Eeek: IT SHOULD NOT BE LEFT FOR THIS SITE TO SORT THE OTHER SIDE PROBLEMS

Last edited:
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Kath, good to know you're still here and looking after us Swift owners:winky:

I'd love you to sort out problems with our Bessie E425.... but I don't have any:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Graham,yes it is nice of Swift to sort out probs :thumb: and I am glad you have none :thumb: but at the same time this guy Gokel has been waiting since about october (may be before) for a simple instruction of what to do with what is basicaly excess mastic making his and a lot more owners vans unsightly without it affecting his warenty :Eeek:NOT VERY HARD
BTW if I was to buy a new van Swift would be on my list to consider just for th good will shown on sites like this !
The maker is a lot better to have on-side than the perhaps not so helpfull dealer-JCM being what looks like an exception
terry

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Kath may I sugest that you find Gokels oringinal post about sticky black gundge and post your reply/recomendation there so that the people following the thread may see it :thumb: and not just what you are doing now.As i understand he is still waiting your instruction :Doh:
terry:Eeek: IT SHOULD NOT BE LEFT FOR THIS SITE TO SORT THE OTHER SIDE PROBLEMS

I tried to find the post last night and I cannot find it - perhaps you could describe the way to find the thread.

Kath

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Kath try searching posts by Grockel NOT GOKEL my bad spelling:ROFLMAO:
Terry

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
This site

Terry

I have just realised that the thread you are referring to that Grockel raised is nothing to do with this site, which is why I could not find it on here.

I can only respond to issues on this site that are raised on this site.

On issues that are raised by individuals specifically about our product, we generally contact that person directly and liaise with them.

Kath

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OK KATH if you want to avoid it again, do you want me to post on the other side ? or can you find it then post your answers there by not having me what looks like slagging you off.
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Swift heres the link to the problem you are avoiding on the dark side
337847 Posted: 2007-11-30, 08:08:56
from august last year yes august.
terry

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Kath,

I think you are doing a good job on here, and we should only be interested in problems raised on this site. What anybody else does is up to them on the other site.

David

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Lighten up Terry, this is the fun site!

I think your suggestion of confining the dark side member's problems to the dim world over there is a good'un.

One of these costs nothing...:Smile:

edit:
No, I'm not upset but I did think on was on the wrong F forum...

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back