Swifts 3 year Warranty on our Bessacarr E425 (1 Viewer)

optima336

Free Member
Feb 5, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
"Why Buy a Swift Product" Our New Bessacarr E425

Your 3 year warranty is only valid from the Dealership you Purchase your New Motorhome from, unless you manage to find a dealer who is sympathetic to your cause, as I have just found out to my dismay after the rear bed support strut has brokenthat Swift "Do Not have any agreement with any Dealers to operate their 3 year Warranty" if no dealer will assist you with you warranty problems them what is the warranty worth "Swift are certainly not interested" its worth what the Zimbabwe currancy is absolutely "Nothing" If fellow Motorhomers can understand having spent £35000 on a new Motorhome with a supposedly 3 year warranty and you are having to rely on the goodwill of any dealers who want to rectify your warranty problems,I was given 3 dealers from Swift Customer Services you'v guessed it totally ignored by them,Swift sell you a product through a dealer and then are totally uninterested in any problems which arise under warranty, Will I purchase another Swift Product,after 17 faults on collection from Marquis Motorhomes and the rear bed breaking,your guess is as good as mine having purchased 5 Swift Products over the past 11 years Swift really have lost the plot.

I have been Caravaning & Motorhoming for over 35 years and Swifts Customer service and quaility Control is like the Dinosaurs "extinct"

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Your 3 year warranty is only valid from the Dealership you Purchase your New Motorhome from, unless you manage to find a dealer who is sympathetic to your cause, as I have just found out to my dismay after the rear bed support strut has brokenthat Swift "Do Not have any agreement with any Dealers to operate their 3 year Warranty" if no dealer will assist you with you warranty problems them what is the warranty worth "Swift are certainly not interested" its worth what the Zimbabwe currancy is absolutely "Nothing" If fellow Motorhomers can understand having spent £35000 on a new Motorhome with a supposedly 3 year warranty and you are having to rely on the goodwill of any dealers who want to rectify your warranty problems,I was given 3 dealers from Swift Customer Services you'v guessed it totally ignored by them,Swift sell you a product through a dealer and then are totally uninterested in any problems which arise under warranty, Will I purchase another Swift Product,after 17 faults on collection from Marquis Motorhomes and the rear bed breaking,your guess is as good as mine having purchased 5 Swift Products over the past 11 years Swift really have lost the plot.

I have been Caravaning & Motorhoming for over 35 years and Swifts Customer service and quaility Control is like the Dinosaurs "extinct"

Good evening,

If you can get to us, Swift warranty is honoured by us, irrespective of where or from whom the MH was purchased.

Please telephone our Service Dept with your details and mention MHFun

The other 'unresolved' problems we may also be able to assist with depending on what they are.

Regards.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Excellent service JCM:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:Eeek::thumb:well done JCM :thumb:if he gets it to you have a look to see if it has sticky black gunge around the lockers:Doh::Doh::Blush:wrong forum::bigsmile:::bigsmile::Doh::Doh:
terry

Altrac

Free Member
Mar 26, 2008
Wherever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
WOW - Excellent !!

Good evening,

If you can get to us, Swift warranty is honoured by us, irrespective of where or from whom the MH was purchased.

Please telephone our Service Dept with your details and mention MHFun

The other 'unresolved' problems we may also be able to assist with depending on what they are.

Regards.

Words fail me!!! This is what motorhoming should be about eh?????
Nice one JCM........ Superb reply and service - FIRST CLASS !!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
:Eeek::thumb:well done JCM :thumb:if he gets it to you have a look to see if it has sticky black gunge around the lockers:Doh::Doh::Blush:wrong forum::bigsmile:::bigsmile::Doh::Doh:
terry

Oh Terry, we have an award for some people called a wooden spoon:ROFLMAO:

Simple solution to 'gunge' Use your 'lead' credit card edge to remove surplus mastic. in the fullness of time it will cease to 'weep' and then you will have nothing to:cry:about! (Forgot you do not have a Swift product anyway)

:thumb:

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Warranty work

I am sorry to hear that you have these problems. If the dealers have not responded to you, we will contact them and make arrangements for you. Please contact us on our telephone number 01482 875740 or email us at enquiries@swiftleisure.co.uk

Regards
Kath

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Peter,that was my sugestion on how to stop it back in August:ROFLMAO: but some people are still wating for the ok from SWIFT to do that,who are awaiting a responce from Bostik to do that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:Bostik (evostik)are currently running an add on tv that seals & protects your bathroom from e-coli etc,,for 1 week:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
BTW my c/card is not made from lead,ask SWMBO:thumb::thumb:I will gladly send you the bill for you to pay :thumb: as proof ::bigsmile:It's a good job I don't have a Swift or my c/c would be in bigger trouble paying for all thet fuel to get to you to do the repairs needed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:
:thumb::Eeek::thumb: see I am singing your praises yet again ::bigsmile::thumb:
terry

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Peter,that was my sugestion on how to stop it back in August:ROFLMAO: but some people are still wating for the ok from SWIFT to do that,who are awaiting a responce from Bostik to do that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:Bostik (evostik)are currently running an add on tv that seals & protects your bathroom from e-coli etc,,for 1 week:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
BTW my c/card is not made from lead,ask SWMBO:thumb::thumb:I will gladly send you the bill for you to pay :thumb: as proof ::bigsmile:It's a good job I don't have a Swift or my c/c would be in bigger trouble paying for all thet fuel to get to you to do the repairs needed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:
:thumb::Eeek::thumb: see I am singing your praises yet again ::bigsmile::thumb:
terry

YouTube - There'll Always Be An England - For English Patriots:thumb:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
ref marquis

I bought a e435 bessacarr 2004 from marquis newbury seems same old problems sales staff first class after sales useless still waiting for work to be done after 2 visits back to the work shop first to be told i wasnt booked in waited 5.50 hours only half work done in the process damaging the work service to the top of the cooker & sink waited 9 weeks top fixed still awaiting further work to be done also keep asking for key card if battery goes flat wont start with out it swift wants £20 pounds to release it hope i dont break down with out it marquis will be picking the bill up if this happens Tony:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Optima336

Get in touch with Kath at Swift she is a fantastic person and I've not doubt she will try and help you. I felt exactly the same as you did about Swift and she has renewed my confidence in their after sales care. Swift make super products but their dealers don't always get their after sales care up to scratch.

Email Kath and she will sort it out for you - and if she can't it won't be her fault. She's a wonderful person.

Jack the Rev

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Bessacar

I will shortly be buying my third motorhome (after two caravans) from Marquis.
First and foremost expect problems whether new or second hand, it seems rare to get a completly fault free motorhome. As regards Marquis you have to push if you have problems but that seems to apply to the majority of dealers, their sales are better than their after sales.
Don`t buy from a dealer too far away its expensive and time consuming to go back and forth (and easier to be fobbed off). As a previous reply has said have a look under the bonnet, chuck a bucket of water on it, and test drive including simulated parking by reversing uphill.
If you go ahead pick-up in morning and take straight back that day if not happy, unfortunately you have paid your money by then but it will knaw at you if you have to wait all weekend.
Its a marvellous hobby which can take you all over the UK, Europe and even beyond, and as for keeping your pride and joy clean that can keep you out of the way of her indoors for a week!!!

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
john cross motorhomes

HI niece to see we still have some dealers out there with a good back up service and be there when one needs help wish you were nearer berkshire tony

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

It would be interesting as I am looking at buying a new Swift MH, if Swift can confirm that any of their dealer network will carry out repairs or warranty claims, as I am always looking to find the best deal in this current economic climate, which means that the place i purchase from may not be the nearest dealership.

Will i have the right under the warranty to have my repairs etc done where and when I want them to be done, and will i be treated by which ever dealership i chose the same as a person who purchased their vehicle from that dealership, e.g. I won't be put at the back of the Que ?

Can someone from Swift confirm the companies policy on repairs in relationship to the supplying dealer ? Please

Braunston

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back