Swift talk is no more (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Just had an email from the swift group informing me that swift talk is closing imminently. Reading between the lines it appears the content has swayed from being a helpful place for swift owners to discuss various topics, into a toxic platform for people just to slag the product off.I personally think this is a big loss to swift owners and a sad reflection of the current environment that seems to be spreading everywhere.

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Totally agree a few on the forum wasted it with constant political posts and slagging of Swift, such a shame as there were many talented people in the group who helped a lot with tech problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just had an email from the swift group informing me that swift talk is closing imminently. Reading between the lines it appears the content has swayed from being a helpful place for swift owners to discuss various topics, into a toxic platform for people just to slag the product off.I personally think this is a big loss to swift owners and a sad reflection of the current environment that seems to be spreading everywhere.
Or it could be that a growing number of swift customers are unhappy with the product and choose to vent on the swift forum.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
About ten years ago Swift used to have someone logged into most forums all day, they'd be monitoring and responding to any mentions of their products. Then they opened Swift Talk and left. A good move I thought.

Never been there, but it seems a dumb decision to me, they controlled their forum could keep things in-house, now they will be fire fighting on platforms they don't own or control, such as Facebook or other forums,

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I remember finding damp on the floor of my Swift on a Sunday morning back in 2010. In a panic I started Googling and came across the Swift Forum. Within 20 minutes someone from Swift contacted me and 24hours later the van was booked in to be repaired by them.
I found their customer service over the incident to be superb.
They refunded all my train and diesel costs involved with taking the van back to them.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Without the hours and hours of constant care, attention and, dare I say it, love that Jim puts into this Forum, Motorhome Fun would disintegrate in a few weeks...

JJ :cool:

Agree. Left a number of motorcycle forums, which at one time were a great information resource.
I’m all for open discussion but when people started to join them and were just being disruptive......it just became unpleasant. (y)

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Never been there, but it seems a dumb decision to me, they controlled their forum could keep things in-house, now they will be fire fighting on platforms they don't own or control, such as Facebook or other forums,
Trouble is from what I saw they 'controlled' it a bit extremely even though they were brave enough to have their own brand forum
I joined it when I started pre-purchase research for my swift and there were some great people on it who would willingly talk other owners step by step through fridge problems, app problems, etc.......even swift employees posted replies then.....
Posts asking about damp issues or build issues were deleted almost instantly, people were banned for pointing out a design flaw...even though swift then changed the item in later Van's
Any reply by swift was a locked post with 'contact us by email', no sorry for your problem or we are here to help, etc
It all got a bit heavy, I've not been on since the major issues with the basecamp appeared which resulted in them being damp on the forecourt which led to some very unhappy purchasers

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Same thing happened to a Motorbike forum i was on, MCN. Not calling products but the vile and vicious attacks on individuals (not me cause i'm a good guy). So they shut it down.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Think what they do on here is a good idea. Totally blank anyone you don't like, even though you don't know them.
I have not knowingly ignored anyone on here. I know some are ignoring me but hey ho Kali Wali. Life's too short to worry about trivial stuff.

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
We joined. Had quite a few problems with our first, a brand new MH which swift and the dealership were very slow to get sorted. The forum ended up the only way to get things actually corrected. To be honest, there was one of the Swift chaps that did appear to stamp on anything he considered ’anti swift’. One reply from him I considered a not so thinly veiled threat that if I asked a question again, I would be blocked. Fortunately, another poster called him out on it ...it felt like a type of bullying ?

shame because there were some good people on there sharing info and helping each other. I found a great way to stop rain coming in from a poorly designed front roof light that quite a few people were also suffering from! Also, it was good to warn others of a potentially very dangerous flaw we had which was then corrected in others vans.

but as always, there were the set of followers that really licked swift’s boots all the time and appear to jump on anyone who raised an issue of concern. I did try to be as nice and and neutral with those, explained things, tried not to be judgemental etc etc , but ended up ignoring them as they just seemed to get great joy from conflict. Don’t feed the trolls!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Trouble is from what I saw they 'controlled' it a bit extremely even though they were brave enough to have their own brand forum
I joined it when I started pre-purchase research for my swift and there were some great people on it who would willingly talk other owners step by step through fridge problems, app problems, etc.......even swift employees posted replies then.....
Posts asking about damp issues or build issues were deleted almost instantly, people were banned for pointing out a design flaw...even though swift then changed the item in later Van's
Any reply by swift was a locked post with 'contact us by email', no sorry for your problem or we are here to help, etc
It all got a bit heavy, I've not been on since the major issues with the basecamp appeared which resulted in them being damp on the forecourt which led to some very unhappy purchasers

Sounds like they managed it poorly and missed a trick.

A complaint, that can be seen by everyone, is transpently answered and addressed to the customers satisfaction. Is worth more to the company than a whole years magazine advertising.

silver surfer

Free Member
Sep 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift escape
never been on swift talk but i have just bought a swift escape motor home they gave me a video which is helpful but it doesn't tell me were fuse board is or the battery charger can any body help

OP
OP
Camper634
Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
We joined. Had quite a few problems with our first, a brand new MH which swift and the dealership were very slow to get sorted. The forum ended up the only way to get things actually corrected. To be honest, there was one of the Swift chaps that did appear to stamp on anything he considered ’anti swift’. One reply from him I considered a not so thinly veiled threat that if I asked a question again, I would be blocked. Fortunately, another poster called him out on it ...it felt like a type of bullying ?

shame because there were some good people on there sharing info and helping each other. I found a great way to stop rain coming in from a poorly designed front roof light that quite a few people were also suffering from! Also, it was good to warn others of a potentially very dangerous flaw we had which was then corrected in others vans.

but as always, there were the set of followers that really licked swift’s boots all the time and appear to jump on anyone who raised an issue of concern. I did try to be as nice and and neutral with those, explained things, tried not to be judgemental etc etc , but ended up ignoring them as they just seemed to get great joy from conflict. Don’t feed the trolls!!
Sounds like most forums,even this one on occasions.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We bought a new Swift Escape at the beginning of August. After 2300 miles and over 40 nights use we have only one problem. A securing screw is missing on one of the roof lights. It is being fixed by the dealer next week.

In 40 years of motorhoming we have owned a few Marques but still go back to Swift as we have suffered very few problems with them and we like their layouts.

However, I agree that Swift Talk was a wasted resource, badly run. We had occasion to ask a question regarding warranty. We were happy with the answer. A few weeks later the same question was asked by another owner who received a very unhelpful, different, answer. When we queried which of the two opposing answers was correct they both simply disappeared from the Forum and we received no reply.

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Lessons could be learned from ASOF the Autosleepers Owners Forums, a friendly place full of good advice to owners. Not without the odd negative post obviously but any unpleasantness is quickly shut down. Unpleasantness is why I left another forum with the initials MHF and came here, it does seem more prevalent in society these days though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back