Swift Suntor 630l (1 Viewer)

hotrod91

Free Member
Jul 28, 2008
Funster No
Finally got my hands on one of these a 2007 model.
I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about them!! Im trying to work out what mine has got as extras or what i can have!
Its got a bike rack, fiamma awning, reversing camera, microwave, fridge, cooker, 7 inch screen in the front. Are all or any of these extras?
Also i have found a screw in ariel in the cupboard probably for a radio, any ideas where this goes ?? Also the reversing camera is a bit dicky it flickers on and off and also i wonder where to stick a dvd or ps so the kids can watch or play? Also i would like tv....do i have an ariel?? Is there one intergrated or do i have to buy one and if so where do i get it?
Can i run anything on the van just from the leisure battery and if so where is it located also can i run things while the van is being driven?
Also there is a cupboard with LPG on it, do i just put normal propane bottles in this or is it for something different?
Oh, also, the toilet door flies open while your driving and there is a flap on the floor that you enter the water container and this blows up while your driving along, any ideas how to secure these?
So many questions i know but we all gotta learn somewhere !!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Hotrod, did you take a breath writing that?::bigsmile: getting a new motorhome is an exciting time, and it seems every cupboard hides a different switch or gizmo, and you certainly have a fair bit to familiarise yourself with if you are new to motorhomes. A good place to start is with Swift themselves, they keep a few manuals and handbooks <here>.

I am sure we will have a member that has the same motorhome as you and should be able to easily answer your more specfic questions. Meanwhile, Welcome to the fun:thumb:

Upvote 0

bmwtouring

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
First Motorhome
Hi hotrod,
tv aerial should be in the storage wardrobe inside although mine is a bessacarr e495 (2007) I think they are both very similar.

I just put a self tapping screw in the hatch for the water.

Radio Aerial is internal in the door mirror (but not very good, someone may have fitted an after market aerial on the wing!)

My battery is under the bench in the rear lounge

I could only fit 6kg propane bottles in my LPG cupboard (1 or 2)
Hope this helps
Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Kev

Did you manage to sort out the aerial problem? I have the Bessacarr E435 on the new X 2/50 chassis and the radio is driving me mental. Been down to the local auto audio shop today and they are saying a booster may help or a windscreen aerial but I am not sure.

I don't want all the hassel if it is something simple in the end.

Dane

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Kev
Did you manage to sort out the aerial problem? I have the Bessacarr E435 on the new X 2/50 chassis and the radio is driving me mental. Been down to the local auto audio shop today and they are saying a booster may help or a windscreen aerial but I am not sure.
I don't want all the hassel if it is something simple in the end.
Dane

Might be best to get an external aerial fitted, known problem but there might be a solution which I will ask about tomorrow.

Regards

Upvote 0

bmwtouring

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
First Motorhome
Bessacarr aerial

Hi Diabalo,
I tried fitting an internal booster aerial from Halfords, the one that goes on the inside of the screen, but this was not any better (probably a bit worse, with interference). I think my next move will be to fit an external one myself, just a matter of finding the right one, because I would hate to go to all the aggro of drilling the wing and the radio reception being the same!!

Has anyone done it on the new Fiats?? perhaps Johns Cross motorhomes will know!

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back