Swift Sundance inspection panels? (1 Viewer)

Jan 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
15 yrs
Hi,

Me again. I have been to see a lovely looking Sundance 580 today.

There are two inspection panels in the floor in the rear lounge. Underneath each there is a black plastic box with a large screw cap on. I guess these are for waste water. I can certainly see the front one connects to a drain pipe and suspect it may also connect to the rear one by a blue pipe.

On inspecting the rear one i opened the screw cap to look in and saw that there was a circular hole in the bottom through which i could see the ground. I assume it should have a bung in it? Are these easy to source?

Also there were two blue plastic pipes going into this unit. One of which looks like it comes from the front tank, the other was only a few inches long and appears to be cut off. Is it just a breather pipe or should it be connected to something?

Many thanks in advance
Chris

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I would think that one tank is for fresh water and the other for grey waste water. They certainly were on our Sundance.

The one with visible blue pipes is probably the fresh water tank. See if you can trace the longer blue pipe back to the water filler cap. That should settle it. The short one is probably, as you say, a breather.

The other tank, probably the waste, can be confirmed by finding the grey waste drain tap, (usually coloured grey)), and following the hose back to the tank.

There should definitely be a bung in the hole of the tank. If you can’t source one elsewhere try CEK tanks, they will have most spares.

If you want more advice I would consider reposting on the Motorhome Chat Forum as more members are likely to read it.

Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back