Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all,

We will be acquiring a new to us motorhome Swift Sundance 2003 600FB very shortly.

I have a few initial questions that I would appreciate the experience and expertise of the forum members.

1. Mattress toppers, Duvet and bed line to fit the angled fixed bed mattress. Could anyone advise as to the best outlet to purchase the various bits of bedding that will be needed given the shaped/angled fixed bed in the van?

2. Rear bumper (number plate section) and corner panels. Could anyone advise as to the best source for replacements as the ones on the van look grubby and washed out plastic.

3. Underneath maintenance, painting the wooden floor underneath. I was perplexed to inspect under the van and see bare wood that is exposed to the elements. I would like to improve the protection on the underneath. Does anyone have a recommendation of a product to apply?

Mayn thanks

Regards
Richard

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Number two

clean them and repaint them as they cast £225. Each. Plastic primer and top coat both in rattle cans.

number 3

done mine in waxoil but it has to be %100 dry.
dries to a dull but water resistant finish.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all,
Could I please enquire as to whether anyone has purchased a pair of good front seat covers for their motorhome. The Fiat Ducato Swift Sundance driver seat is becoming worn and I wanted to have a cost effective but good quality alternative to recovering them given that the fabric will be discontinued. Any input would be most welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all,
I am looking to replace the roller style blackout/insect blinds on the motorhome. Could anyone provide input as to the best replacement in terms of manufacturer, model and style. I have previously read feedback that the concertina versions have their own issues, snagging on the guide strings, etc. Any input would be most welcome.
Regards
Richard

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hi all,
Could I please enquire as to whether anyone has purchased a pair of good front seat covers for their motorhome. The Fiat Ducato Swift Sundance driver seat is becoming worn and I wanted to have a cost effective but good quality alternative to recovering them given that the fabric will be discontinued. Any input would be most welcome.
I think you will have to look on eBay for heavy duty cab seat covers.

we had the seats retrimmed recovered but still have them covered with the hid seat covers.

if you look at the curtains there will be a tag. Saying sundance 600FB. And the name of the material
you may even now be able to match the cushions or as near as possible.

or you can get the cushions and seats recovered one at a time every so often.

the image shows the old material.

Attachments

• PNG image 3.png
    PNG image 3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
The above image is from our Swift Sundance 600B.

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
Hi all,
We bought these

Seat Covers for Drivers and Passengers Compatible with Motorhome Pössl Weinsberg Knaus Adria Dethleffs Fendt Carthago Bürstner Eura Mobile Pilot Laika Kabe Chausson Hobby PL405 (Beige). Amazon product ASIN B0894LDMC9
They're a very good fit, good and are very comfortable

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you Paul and Sonar for your contributions on the questions I raised. I will do some more investigation as to either getting the seats recovered or getting some cost effective covers that will allow me to take them off and machine wash. I did some initial checks as to whether the original fabric was available, but it isn't. As I am experiencing it is a challenge to find replacements for the motorhome given its age from 2003.

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
Thank you Paul and Sonar for your contributions on the questions I raised. I will do some more investigation as to either getting the seats recovered or getting some cost effective covers that will allow me to take them off and machine wash. I did some initial checks as to whether the original fabric was available, but it isn't. As I am experiencing it is a challenge to find replacements for the motorhome given its age from 2003.
Ours is a 2004 Sundance, and the drivers seat bolster was showing wear at only 35,000 miles.
The seat covers we bought are quite expensive, but they're very good quality (German made). They're machine washable, and come in different colours too.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Paul,
Did you buy the ones on the link you shared?
When I look at it on Amazon, it does not detail as being compatible for Fiat Ducato 2004 or 2003?
And the photos show for an armrest on both sides, where as on our van we only have armrests for both front seats on the inner side of the seats.
Are you able to advise please?
Regards
Richard

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
Hi Richard

Yes, we bought those exact ones.
They fit very well, nice and snug.
They do come with 4 armrest covers, so you would have a spare pair?
There are lots of seat covers for the X244 Ducato available in the UK, and some were close price wise, but none that I could find had the cushioning like the ones that came from Germany.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Paul
Okay thank you. I was curious as I am presuming it would leave a hole for the second armrest. I will take another look.

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
I'll post a couple of pics when I get a minute, Richard

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
I had the same problem ended up reupholstering all the cushions but had the two cab seats done by a trimmer using the same material and at the same time had a little stiffer foam on the front and sides of the trimmed seats.
Everything is the same but we have some loose covers over the cab seats that are waterproof and dog proof.

Attachments

• PNG image 6.png
    PNG image 6.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • PNG image 5.png
    PNG image 5.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.