Swift Spirit 664 dealer special

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Fontie, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Fontie

Fontie Funster

Ratings:
    +66
    Just got my van that I pick up on Thursday insured with Comfort £352 Horizon includes legal but not breakdown.

When on the phone I did tell the adviser it was a Swift Spirit 664 a dealer special of the Escape ok ok she said. The policy documents which she emailed make no mention of Spirit and have It down as a Swift Escape 664. Is this normal. I did notice when getting online quotes none had "Spirit" as a drop down choice only Escape

2. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +11,875
    If it was a dealer special it may be exclusive to that dealer, hence the different name. I know Marquis do that sometimes.

3. Fontie

Fontie Funster

Ratings:
    +66
    Yes exclusive to Webbs and Dolphin, So for insurance having it as a Escape is ok ?

4. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +11,875
    I don't know. Double check with th dealer that it is actually the same as the Escape, just to be on the safe side.

5. Fontie

Fontie Funster

Ratings:
    +66
    Yea thanks I'll phone dealer tomorrow to double check

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. Fontie

Fontie Funster

Ratings:
    +66
    Spoke to Comfort, all they were worried about was that the base vehicle was correct, it was a 664 Escape and the declared value was right. Said it didn't matter that it was a dealer special. Anyway I have her name and made a note of the time I called so the tape can be pulled if needed.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1