swift rio 340, hymer compact 478, burstner brevio 646 (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Hi, if you own any of these perhaps you can help me ?
Just been searching through all the old posts on these models as its on my list as a replacement for current adria twin.
Firstly it seems that these are all the same basic design and layout with different furnishings/finishes and the hymer dinette seats cant make up into a small bed ?
The rear bed mechanism certainly on some can be a bit hit and miss, have you had this problems and is there a manual over-ride to wind the bed up and down ?
Storage space is reported as being very limited do you find this is problematic for several weeks away touring ?
I also noticed one unfortunate purchaser who had 30 faults that necessitated a return to the factory - any chance of a summary ?
What other problems have you had with these ?
I would be buying an older model outside of warranty so would really like to know what i might be letting myself in for.
thanks if you can help
bern
ps i forgot originally - has anyone put one of these on a weighbridge in touring order to check for available payload ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Don't think I have ever posted a question on here before and not had a reply.
Surely all of the fun owners of these can't all be away touring.
@Minxy Girl did give me some info on a previous post about storage space but that was from just looking not using although i do think it may rule it out for real world useability.
@TREES MOVING ?
@Molls-Phot ?

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
Ha! We were away touring so just seen this. We moved from a PVC layout similar to yours to a Rio 340. To answer your questions in order. The Rio is somewhat more suited to British tastes as it has an oven and grill, plus the window in the rear door also opens, and the habitation door is on the correct side for UK use. Our 2015 model has the electric drop down bed. Ours has been reliable over three years and we have never needed to wind it down manually. The reported problems are to do with the stop position sensors and we have learned to manage it to avoid issues. We would like more outside storage but you learn to manage with what you have. We use our gas locker for bulky items having fitted an underslung gas tank which helps greatly. Only 30 faults? We have had double that and a return back to the factory! Mostly quality control issues which are not exclusive to Swift. As for payload, we weighed the van when fully laden and still had around 200kg payload to play with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
We really liked the Rio 340 when looking around for a new van a couple of years ago but it was the lack of storage space that changed our mind at the last minute after spending an hour inside the van because the big storage areas seemed to be taken up with electrical equipment etc with no concern how this would effect the storage problem for the end user.

Last edited:
OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
@Molls-Phot thx
When you have a bit more time I would be interested to know the highlights of your fault list so when I look I can check out those specifics.
Like your idea of the underslung gas tank to free up the gas locker and good news that the payload is not too tight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back