Swift loosing power (1 Viewer)

mitc0003

Free Member
Oct 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
Hi i have. 2017 swift bolero 18000 miles on the clock it looses power when accelerating to get power back i have to turn ignition on and of its done no miles cant understand why its got a problem

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Could be a blocked cat. If you don’t keep revs up they will not burn off properly . Lack of motorway driving is always a cause.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
sounds like limp mode, as has been asked above is the engine management light on?

OP
OP
M

mitc0003

Free Member
Oct 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
No pluged diagnostics in and no codes found

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mitc0003

Free Member
Oct 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
Martin it wont be blocked cat only done 18000 miles its so hit and miss 4 times in 70 miles was ok last time i went out but im wjondering if ihave a rodent issue

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the right age to have been affected by the known issue with short injector loom. Suddenly loses power, which returns on restart

could also be a corroded throttle body, caused by rainwater flooding the scuttle tray below the window

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Simple job, possibly blocked fuel filter, worth a try before exploring more expensive options and worth doing anyway.

OP
OP
M

mitc0003

Free Member
Oct 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
the right age to have been affected by the known issue with short injector loom. Suddenly loses power, which returns on restart

could also be a corroded throttle body, caused by rainwater flooding the scuttle tray below the window
Cheers checked that not corroded

OP
OP
M

mitc0003

Free Member
Oct 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
So I took it to work and did a full diagnostic check on it with a snap on machine no codes no faults found I Vico tell me I’m pushing the Excelerator and the brake pedal at the same time which cuts out the fuel if that’s the case it would be a very dangerous thing to fit a cut out switch to the brake pedal and cause this fault I can’t believe that’s it as it happened four times to me yet previously on four different outings it’s never happened I’ve checked the rodent fault nothing‘s been chewed there is nothing corroded the vehicle is in mint condition with only 18,000 miles I’m sure it’s a sense of fault but as I get no diagnostic light I can’t get any coat out of it I Vico hour about as helpful as a roasted peanut I’ve been inThe motor trade for 40 years and never boy found problems such a pain as these vehicles are now wish we could go back to standard electronics I just can’t seem to find a fault and I love my van but it might have to go

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
part quote ;
it would be a very dangerous thing to fit a cut out switch to the brake pedal.

Many vehicles are fitted with such a devise that cuts the power even if your foot is on the accelerator when you touch the brake. it was developed originally for automatics, we have 2 vehicles that have this fitted to them and its a pain.

As you know the management system stores codes of previous faults until they are deleted therefore if no codes are found you do not have a lot of chance in finding an intermittent fault.

( i am assuming its not an auto box ). could it be that somehow the clutch pedal is on occasions interfering with the brake pedal, the slightest touch to the brake on our cars cuts the power and it causes a definite period of hesitation before picking up again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back