swift kontiki 645 shower and alarm (1 Viewer)

D

davethetyre

Deleted User
Hi there , my name is Dave and my wife and myself have just bought a 2004 swift kontiki 645. We owned an autotrail scout and just traded in a bessecarr 765. Pleased with the swift but have noticed a small crack in shower tray which was obviously there when we bought it two weeks ago. I have spoken to the dealer who has said it is a common fault and they will only repair it. Does anyone know of this problem and do you have any ideas on whether a repair is effective ? Also we are having problems with insurance as they need a certificate for the cat 1 alarm installation but the dealer did not receive any certificate when the vehicle was traded in - what is the quickest and easiest way to rectify this ? many thanks dave

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Davethetyre WELCOME to the fun:thumb::thumb:

Shower trays are a constant problem, they normally get cracked in one of 2 ways.
Either someone drops or puts something heavy in it, or from the outset they are not supported correctly from below. :cry:you can try a repair but in my experience the repair often looks rough unless done with tray out from below, and if not supported correctly soon cracks again.:Eeek: or when the tray is out replace, and fit corectly.

Insurance cert. sorry can't help.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Dave,

are the insurance company insisting on a cat 1 alarm/immobilser or just discounting if it has one fitted?

if its just a discount and you cant sort the certificate then i wouldnt bother....the discounts are usually pretty dismal anyway compered to the cost of the alarm.

try to contact the previous owner using the name and address on the logbook and an online phonebook.

i did this to get info on the timing belt renewal date on our kontiki.

failing that ask the dealer to contact them with your phone number.

they may be able to give you the name of the installer then contact them....they should have a record of it being fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Dave you didn,t say who you are insured with, I am with caravan Guard and all they asked me was what type of Alarm i had which is a cat 1, but no proof of this was asked for. worth a look at. Peter:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

davethetyre

Deleted User
hi There thanks for the replies - we got a alarm company to check alarm system and they issued us with a new certificate so all sorted on that front. We are dropping off motorhome to dealer soon to get a new clutch and the shower sorted. The clutch was on its last the day we collected it ! thanks again for replies dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back