Swift Escape 664,2014 and Honda Vision (1 Viewer)

Jan 5, 2018
York
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 664,2014
Exp
2016 uk various sites and one month Holland, 2017 uk and 3 months France
Hello
Has anyone who ownes a Swift Escape 664,2014 ever carried a Honda Vision scooter or any other model similar size scooter on the back of their motorhome?

I want to go touring in Portugal and Spain and think that a small scooter would be very useful for getting about,shopping etc.

If you have done this would you please tell me how to go about it. What model of scooter,what kind of carrier and who could fit the carrier?
Does it still comply with weight restrictions for axle loads etc?
Or am I stuck with bicycles?
Thanks for any advice

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Or am I stuck with bicycles?
Thanks for any advice

All is possible. If you can't hang it directly then easylifter or similar is your friend. A half trailer, half rack that you can reverse easily.

It's all in here if you do a bit of searching.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tynesider
Jan 5, 2018
York
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 664,2014
Exp
Hi Hill dweller
Thanks for reply,I’ll continue to look at forums

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
The 664's payload on paper seems quite reasonable but in situations like this it's the axle figures which are the most important.

You really need to visit a weighbridge first in full travelling guise (people, kit, water, food etc), to see what spare capacity is left on the axles.

Once you've got these figures then post them up along with your van's overhang length and we can go from there.

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Not sure of the pay load on the swift but modern vans are generally a bit less than generous.

The bike will weight probably just over 100kg, the rack etc will be 35kg. Its a big lump of weight hanging behind the rear axle.

You may need a trailer or Easy lifter hydra trail type ie: something that puts its load on the road and not on your back axle.

We used a Easylifter on our Autotrail tracker and that required Air assist rear suspension to stop the tow bar banging on the ground. Getting on a ferry might well have been impossible without the assisted suspension.

On our 6.35mtr PVC with have a Tow bar mounted motorcycle rack that takes a max of 130kg.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tynesider
Jan 5, 2018
York
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 664,2014
Exp
Hello everyone, thanks for all of the replies. I’ve taken onboard what you have said and I am now searching for local public weigh-bridge as the first place to start.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back