Swift bolero 680fb control panel clock (1 Viewer)

JanetteV

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
Hi,
Can anyone help to explain why the clock on the control panel stops when not connected to power.
We have changed the battery but still doesn't work.
The rest of the panel works and the clock is fine when hooked up.
Thanks

OP
OP
J

JanetteV

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
I know the motorhome is 2009 reg - I’ll find some more details on panel - thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I know the motorhome is 2009 reg - I’ll find some more details on panel - thanks
Thanks for the update. Being a 2009 model it gives the control panel experts on here something more to think about instead of the normal bad connection when leaving the factory:D

OP
OP
J

JanetteV

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
Fab, and my husband reliably informs me the model is Nordelettronica the NE222 - if that means anything to anyone?! Thanks in anticipation.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
The control panel works on 12 volts and the clock is part of it. Unless your habitation battery is dead and only comes alive when the 240 volt supply is charging it the clock should work. If all connections are good the control panel could have a problem but is no longer made. This company can help http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/product_repair.html they show your control panel as a repair item.

OP
OP
J

JanetteV

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
Thank you for this helpful response.
The panel shows the leisure battery is charged even when not connected to 240v
Everything else seems to function - if none of the systems are reliant on the clock and it’s nit a simple fix, whilst it would be nice to have it working we’re wondering if it’s worth embarking on a course of diagnostic exploration That could be costly. At the same time we don’t want to leave something that could have future consequences. We’d welcome your thoughts

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
The only issue you could have if the clock is not working is being unable to turn the hot water and van heating - on/off - at a certain time each day which was not normally offered in 2009 vans.
Even though you are not an Auto Electrician its still worth disconnecting the battery and removing the control panel to look for loose connections or a battery back up which is now dead.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've got the same model. The Nordelettronica were only fitted for a couple of years as they were not very reliable. The clock would be needed I guess for the timer on the heating control system - we never use ours because all it does is "fault" when the timer switches the system on. It warms up so quickly that it's never been an issue in 9 years of ownership (yes, we love our Bolero).

I've heard that disconnecting the panel, waiting a few seconds (i.e. rebooting) then reconnecting sometimes cures faults. It's easy enough, prise the bezel off carefully then 2 screws to remove the panel for disconnection.

If that doesn't work the link provided above should help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back