Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Suffolk (by choice)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1+
We always go Harwich-Hook then overland through Germany. There are then a number of obvious options depending where you want to land in Sweden.:winky:

PS. Also depends where you are in the UK!

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Did it at easter, we did dover/calais, took 17 hrs. I,m not sure if the Esberg(sp) ferry is still running, as said, depends where you are in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Don't know where about you are setting out from, and it also depends where exactly in Sweden you are heading too, as well as how many miles you want to drive.

You could take the ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg in Denmark,

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-routes/denmark/harwich-to-esbjerg/?mckv=sKVmX178W&pcrid=8848212628&plid=&kword=ferry%20esbjerg%20england&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ferry%20esbjerg%20england&utm_campaign=NS%20HE#.TvTDatQ2-So

drive across the Danish Islands which are all connected by bridges now across the "Belts" and then take the Oresund Bridge/Tunnel to Sweden near Malmo

or the ferry from Helsingor to Helsingborg.

Hope this is some help....

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Sorry, had a brain fart, I did Denmark at easter not sweden:Blush:, some of the info applies:thumb:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Ray, Claire and Katie cat

We live in The Netherlands so I cannot give you any advise on the first part of your journey. But if you take a ferry to France, Belgium or Holland some information could be nice to know.

We prefer to use free of charge official camperplaces without any facility, so that will apply for all of the places i mention

When we go to Scandinavia our first stop can either be in Brunssum, The Netherlands or in Lotte Germany.

Brunssum, Heidestraat 20: 50.945975 5.984408, This is situated nicely

Lotte Germany, not as nice as Brunssum but very close to Highway 1 which goes directly north via Bremen and Hamburg: 52.271994 7.922771, got a cheap shop nearby as well. Dont recall whether it was Aldi or Lidl :Blush: 52.272369 7.915665

As of Hamburg there are many ways to proceed. Back in the 90ties we preferred the ferry from Frederikshavn Denmark to Goteborg Sweden but we changed our route as of 2000 to the ferries Puttgarden -> Rodby and Helsingor -> Helsingborg (Instead of the ferry Helsingor -> Helsingborg you can also use the toll bridge to Malmo. We prefer the ferry because it gives you a break and prices are alike). If you decide to take the same route there is a lovely place to sleep here below the Faro bridge: 54.950496 11.983217

Broken Link Removed

Now your question was very unspecific so it was hard for me to define what you really wanted to know. If you want more information dont hesitate to ask. Hope this helped a little

Paul and Ineke

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ray and Claire

Kevin and I have done Sweden many times by various routes and methods.

Kevins best friend lives just outside Stockholm so we are more familiar with that area and Southern Sweden. Although he has made a few forays into the far North of Sweden.

When we have gone with the Motorhome we took the Dover to Calais route as a starter and then we have taken the two bridges into Sweden and also the ferries.

I feel a trip to Minster coming on in the New Year to help you with your planning.

You do know at the time of year you are planning its nearly daylight all day and night and its party time for the Swedes :party2::party2:

Its the one county Kevin would move to in a shot if he was given the chance. He also speaks Swedish fairly well.

Sonja

PS Have a good Christmas both of you xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We went a few years ago - Harwich > Esjberg then drove to Fredrikshavn and ferry to Goteberg.

We drove a different route from Esjberg, but the destination was the same.

Attachments

• To Sweden.jpg
    To Sweden.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 21

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back