• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

PART EXCHANGE SWAP CHOICE OF CLASSIC BRITISH MOTORCYCLES or a BMW K1100LT FOR EASYLIFTER HYDRATRAIL (1 Viewer)

csx355

Free Member
Mar 24, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all - we are shortly picking up a new motorhome and have a hankering this year to take my 1979 KL250 with us on our travels. So given that I have far too many classic bikes and projects lingering in my garage I thought that I might see if anyone fancied a swap about for a decent EasyLifter Hydratrail before I put my hand in my pocket (again!)

I have a complete, original running 1958 Francis Barnett cruiser 80 250cc. V5in my name - needs a little fettling regarding the clutch as it's been left untouched for 5 years - but otherwise a very tidy, lightweight easy to start and easy to live with bike. It owes me £1100 so I would want a couple of hundred back with the trailer depending on age and condition.
8E10E3D6-7736-48EB-BB8F-3AFBB08223CC.JPG

I have the best part of two - well probably one and a half BSA C15 projects comprising of two frames recently powder coated one with a V5 in my name. a set of forks, yokes, petrol tank, side panel, mudguards a pair of wheels, two crank cases (only one with a crank), cylinder head, carb etc etc. I know that there is a barrel missing. Make no mistake this would be a complete nut and bolt rebuild and would probably need a £1000 spent on doing it however you could end up with 2 decent C15's (if that's not a contradiction in terms). I would say that this little lot is about £900 'ish
IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_9368 2.JPG

IMG_9800 2.JPG

I have a 1956 BSA Bantam D1 125cc Plunger framed project. This is probably 80% complete - the frame and some bits and pieces have been powder coated in that Bantam Misty Green. The rims are shot but I have a pair of brand new rims to go with it. Again this would be a complete ground up restoration. I reckon £795 - There is no V5 with this bike but the frame and engine numbers are present and it would be easy to register once built with the help of the BSA owners club.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

I also have my current run-about which is a 1996 BMW K1100LT touring bike with full BMW luggage. This has 50 odd thousand miles on it so barely run in for one of these, MOT until December 2020, brand new tyres front and rear. A decent bike always starts easily and a great mile eater. Not perfect with a few scrapes here and there and the adjustable screen doesn't! I reckon this bike is worth £1200 so I would want some cash back depending on the Hydratrail.
IMG_6806.JPG

Either one of these for your Hydratrail if you are interested. Plenty there to think about. More pics if needed I haven't taken pics of all the project parts yet.

Bear in mind I'm in Cornwall - many thanks.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back