TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Not very well considering it is their track. Suzuki were third with De Puniet whose bike caught fire with about 15 minutes to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Congratulations to Alex Lowes and his team for winning.
Massive respect to Leon Haslam who's team finished 2nd. Leon rode for 5 hours out of the 8.
Fabulous atmosphere, would love to see a round in the UK.

Can't do their careers any harm.

Our first ever Euro trip on the bike was the Le Mans bike 24 hrs. Found it boring. I guess 8 hours is a nice compromise.

Ochersleben is not far.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It's on again this Sunday morning Eurosport 2 0315 & 0900 (y) :)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
It was a great race, impossible to follow back in the day , much better now with live internet timing... we were at Oschersleben a few weeks ago, its like Rockingham, arsehole of nowhere with no big places nearby, nice facility . in the wrong place. And its a long way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Was Rea responsible for running out of fuel as well as falling off? I missed the commentators saying who was on board at the time.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Well he was on board at the time. He ran out on the way up the hill on the way into 130R and managed to roll it in to pit lane and down the hill, they pit when they are told, but its always close. was a great race, and the weather made it very interesting.
I have crewed a couple of endurance races. and its a real challenge, the last one i did was a 6 hour at Snetterton, and we were on for a podium, but the fast guy wouldnt run to a laptime and we had to pit as he ran out of fuel with a lap to go . The other was the Bol D'or. only went to watch but ended up helping a mate out on a privately entered Kawasaki, team was a shambles, but it was still a great experience.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
The "nearly man" but looks like his time has come.

Bit of a struggle being number 2 to Rea though.

He has had enough chances to not be, but it doesnt happen for him, does it.. he will be good No2 for Rea, because he knows thats what he will be. Sykes didnt like being beaten, and i think he will be better for moving on anyway.. sad thing is , with the 2 day format , i just cant be bothered to watch any more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back