Suspected It For A While..... (1 Viewer)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
and tonight I've confirmed that I can be an idiot of the highest calibre, although it is a bit of a boring tale.

Sitting at home with a background music channel playing on tv, while I'm texting @andy63 with an update on locking our Kari-Tek kayak racks, I slowly become aware of a strange tapping noise coming from the back of the house. I realise the noise has been on and off for a few minutes, but I can't figure out what it is and it has my attention now.
Now I've stopped to listen, the tapping noise has stopped, so I resume texting Andy. After a moment or two, there is a lull in the tv music and I'm aware of this tapping noise again. I reach for the tv remote and mute the sound, but all is silent again.
I had a good look around, but failed to find the source of the noise !

From my window, through the gaps in the garden fence, I could see a neighbour in his garden and watched for a while to see if it was him making the noise. It didn't appear that he was doing anything out of the ordinary, so I returned to my lounge, leaving the tv volume off and continued texting.

It was it this point when the house was quiet, that I immediately pinpointed the noise to the kitchen. As I got up off the sofa to go and check, it stopped again ! I don't believe in ghosts, poltergeists and the sorts, but now I'm confused and thinking someone is taking the P.

I wait in the kitchen for it to start again and after a minute or two, when it didn't start again, I stayed where I was and continued texting Andy. The loud tapping started immediately !!

Now just to go back in time a little bit, I was recently on here whinging about my van radio cutting out after 20 minutes and in the short term decided against my principles, to buy a blue tooth speaker. Said speaker arrived today and while I was cooking my evening meal earlier, I charged it up and practiced using it in the kitchen and was really impressed with the sound quality and bass from such a small unit.

Once I'd finished cooking, I stopped the music playing on my iPhone and retired to the lounge, but inadvertently left the speaker powered up. After I finished eating and started texting Andy, the speaker which was sitting on the kitchen window sill started amplifying me tapping the keys on my phone :LOL::LOL:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
:rofl::doh:

Thanks, I needed a chuckle......glad you got to the bottom of it. You could have been listening for weeks :D2

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
:rofl::doh:

Thanks, I needed a chuckle......glad you got to the bottom of it. You could have been listening for weeks :D2
Not weeks Lisa, I haven't got that many mates ;).... In fact I think you, Terry and Bob were my last visitors :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Agh ken I was getting worried reading that....:eek:
But a good chuckle at the end :LOL:
Thanks for the text BTW. .. I'll be copying your idea..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
All credit to you for admitting that one :)

image.jpeg

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I can imagine me doing that but I probably wouldn't have got to the bottom of it. About three weeks ago I was troubled by a loud tapping sound coming from the copse over the road : rather like a pneumatic drill, although not that loud. The wife eventually let on that it was a Woodpecker! :LOL:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I often work in the garden with headphones on and streaming music.
Took me ages to work out why I lost my music every time the wife drove in or out..
Turned out I had set up my phone to her Bluetooth in car system so when she passed me it was trying to connect. DOH. !!! :)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I bought an intercom with built in radio a few years ago for when we travelled on our then Harley Davidson Road King Classic.
My wife and I tested it out in our lounge with our full faced helmets on and it worked perfect radio on and when we spoke the radio cut off.
So when we next used the bike I set the intercom up music on started bike and all fine pulled away and radio turned off got to the end of street pulled up radio worked pulled away and it switched off, this happened at every stop and pull away. Drove to garage for fuel no radio pulled up to fill radio on. I said to Pat it's happened to us again sold something faulty as usual. Anyway it took me a few miles to realise what was happening it was the loud pipes on the exhaust which was being picked up by the intercom and it shut the radio off and as I pulled up the exhaust was quieter and the radio would come back on.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back