LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyway I have mentioned my Johns Cross experience and as far as I am concerned have nothing more to say on the matter, people can make upbtheir own minds, but I don't like being called a liar!

We all have made our minds up, you kicked off with a pack of lies and we've all known Peter for years, one of The Good Guys.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am sure my staff dont like your totally unjustified comments either and I would take their word for everything rather than a total stanger who appears on a forum and CONTINUES to make disparaging remarks which incidentally I am sure is not the thing FUN members do or wish to read about.

Comments such as yours should be kept to PM's

Peter

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
As I said I am saying no more on the matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Again apologies ladies and gents, I am sure some wives were wondering what their husbands had been doing all day on the computer ::bigsmile:

I am a genuine new motorhomer and do have a Swift Kontiki 645 so looking forward to learning loads from you all. I look forward to my first forum meet and all that entails :Smile:

Well done for sussing me out as I hadn't got an exit strategy and am pretty rubbish on a pole dressed up or otherwise, so you have saved me having to dress as a woman and try and carry it off :ROFLMAO:

Have a great weekend. :thumb:

In all fairness I've still got tears in my eye's from laughing did suss it out right off, but thats what I call a entrance welcome to FUN :welcomefunster: Having just read the last few posts have decided to edit my post to say, this is a strange entrance indeed, never seen anything but help given by John Cross, wonder what the next wind up will be.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This is the place for Link Removed Thanks

Oh! I popped into Johns Cross motorhomes on my way here, it was just after 5.30pm and I knew they would be shutting up but wanted a quick idea of what was there and whether to pop in on Sunday, anyway I was greeted by a salesman who shouted over "we are closed", nothing less, nothing more.

Call me old fashioned but I am looking at spending a large sum of money on a new motorhome when I find the right one for me, do these people actually realise they could be losing potential customers with that kind of attitude, if I was the boss and found out I had lost a potential good lead I would kick arses.

Peter take note, I think a course in how to treat customers is required by some staff, it wouldn't take a moment to have a quick chat, mention opening hours and perhaps dish out a business card as I was on the forecourt. All your hard work in marketing on here could all be lost.

Not having a go as it may seem, just stating plain facts.

So do I go on Sunday or go somewhere else where attitudes are better?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I have no axe to grind here and am new to the forum myself, but it does seem strange to me that 'Swift' should have recently resurrected a 2-year-old thread relating to 'Bessacarr E425 and Swift', apparently with the purpose of 'having a pop' at Johns Cross. And why the username 'Swift'? To an impartial observer, looks like someone with a grudge. Not the sort of thing one wants to see on a forum such as this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I have no axe to grind here and am new to the forum myself, but it does seem strange to me that 'Swift' should have recently resurrected a 2-year-old thread relating to 'Bessacarr E425 and Swift', apparently with the purpose of 'having a pop' at Johns Cross. And why the username 'Swift'? To an impartial observer, looks like someone with a grudge. Not the sort of thing one wants to see on a forum such as this.

Hey brains, I have a Swift which I bought for a trial at motor homing, as we are enjoying it we are looking to buy a new one. The thread related to problems with Swift which caught my eye. I came to Battle this weekend especially to look at some but that is another story of wasted time.

Maybe less thinking and more brain engaging would be a better idea than daft posts ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hey brains, I have a Swift which I bought for a trial at motor homing, as we are enjoying it we are looking to buy a new one. The thread related to problems with Swift which caught my eye. I came to Battle this weekend especially to look at some but that is another story of wasted time.

Maybe less thinking and more brain engaging would be a better idea than daft posts

Hi Swift, clearly you cannot be bothered to read or adhere to the few rules we have here.

I should not have to take time out of a weekend away to remind you of those rules. We do not slag off companies in an open forum and we certainly don't do personal insults. Come back in a month and only then if you want to play by the rules. :RollEyes:

Posting defamatory comments on this forum

Motorhomefun is not the place to post defamatory posts about any person or company no matter how you might feel justified in doing so. This is a forum to discuss the Fun aspect of motorhomes and not a place to rubbish others or assist campaigns against companies or individuals.

Please remember that the UK has strict libel laws covering the publication of statements that damage the reputation of an individual or company.
The writer, the website owner and the ISP can be sued as they are deemed to be ‘publishers’ So please think carefully before posting any potentially derogatory comments on-line. The law is clear; if your target is identifiable and what you have written exposes them to "hatred, ridicule or contempt", hurts their reputation or causes them to be "shunned or avoided", you could end up in a civil court defending an expensive libel claim. It would be up to you to prove your comments are true, and if you are not successful you could pay out a lot of money in damages to compensate the claimant.

Almost uniquely in English law, in libel cases the burden of proof lies with the author /publisher and not the complainant.
In other words, you have to prove that what you write is true. The person you’ve targeted does not have to prove that you’re wrong.
General Forum Etiquette When posting in the forums please adhere to the following common sense rules:- No personal attacks of any kind against other members of the forums.

No Racist, Sexist posts allowed in the forums. No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed. telling others to "get a life" or that they or their comments are "stupid" are strictly not allowed. Insulting anyone even if your intention is not to offend, may well result in a ban. Should you be banned you aggree that there are no refund of the joining fee (£12) There are plenty of forums that allow you to be discourteous to each other, this is NOT one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back