Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:Cool:

A very strenuous 1st 'learning curve' journey with a huge amount of experiences and tales to tale. Will certainly want to MH again.

Mixed 'Aires' with 'Municiple' sites, which involved car parks to sites actually based on the Loire river. The prices certainly reflected this.

We decided to take our time to travel back to Calais. we
stayed at a municipal site @ Bernay (travelling back to Calais). The price was on a par with a campsite on the Loire near Blois, but had everything you could need. Then stayed on a campsite (which there were many brits + Norwegians) near Giens (30 e's !!).

We made the mistake of not being in the possession of a camping club/ACSI card. So not knowing what these things were, we paid at least 10 E's (ish) more.

So Sb8263 if you don't have one of these cards, it should be worth while as we were told you can purchase them for approx. 12 e's a year + that for us would have saved us 10 e's at that one site !!

Personally, I can't wait to do the MH thing again tho' my other half might dispute that (not).
We barely scratched the cycling routes on offer.

All in all it was a great journey the trip was a time of great memories.

Thanks to all

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp

A very strenuous 1st 'learning curve' journey with a huge amount of experiences and tales to tale. Will certainly want to MH again.

Mixed 'Aires' with 'Municiple' sites, which involved car parks to sites actually based on the Loire river. The prices certainly reflected this.

We decided to take our time to travel back to Calais. we
stayed at a municipal site @ Bernay (travelling back to Calais). The price was on a par with a campsite on the Loire near Blois, but had everything you could need. Then stayed on a campsite (which there were many brits + Norwegians) near Giens (30 e's !!).

We made the mistake of not being in the possession of a camping club/ACSI card. So not knowing what these things were, we paid at least 10 E's (ish) more.

So Sb8263 if you don't have one of these cards, it should be worth while as we were told you can purchase them for approx. 12 e's a year + that for us would have saved us 10 e's at that one site !!

Personally, I can't wait to do the MH thing again tho' my other half might dispute that (not).
We barely scratched the cycling routes on offer.

All in all it was a great journey the trip was a time of great memories.

Thanks to all

i thought the ACSI card only gave discount in low season, and as we will be there in high season, i cant see the point in it ,,,,or am i wrong on this ? :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
On some ACSI sites the low season starts mid August, so a very limited high season in some cases.

The savings can be huge, on one site in Spain last year we were saving €40 a night. Obviously we would never have stayed there at the full rate so not really a saving in cash terms.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back