Surprise weigh bridge!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
So there we were bumbling down the A121 south from Tudela (Spain) when we were waved off the road by a Civil Guard man complete with hi-vis jacket. Soon realised it was a weigh bridge:Eeek:
We had only the day before wondered if we had over done it with loading up the wine etc for our trip to Morocco:wink:

Thankfully we were under our limit of 5t (4860kgs :Smile:) Fortunately both water and fuel were about at 75% so could have made all the difference if both were full:Eeek:

Heads up if you happen to go that way(y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
@Northernraider
Not sure of your route mate but is this of any interest
Thanks for the heads up...to be honest I haven't a clue lol I don't know where I'm going from one day to the next.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It was on the A121 south of Fuendejalon, good route to avoid Zaragoza if you’re heading south.
Ah ok im way past there now .....i had the joy of getting stuck in zaragoza a fortnight ago lol im in peniscola now

No idea where they got that name from but I snigger like a prepubescent school boy everytime I say or type it

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This is the second post this week about the A121 (short cut from Tudela to Carinena thus avoiding Zaragoza)
I can confirm that the weighbridge is on the Southbound route.
For those of a nervous disposition weightwise I suggest avoiding this road.

PS, Carinena has a quiet, official, Aire next to the railway station and Sports centre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I've found another Official Aire in the near locality to Carinena.

This is the info. (Courtesy of Park4Night)
Alfamén, 80 Carretera Calatorao-Longares

https://park4night.com/lieu/68540//...alatorao-longares/spain/zaragoza#.WnHKmKhl_IU

Again, it's just off the A23 onto the A1304 at Junction 245 (13kms north of the Carinena turn off) and looks like it is handy for cutting the corner, although not as much a saving as the one further South.
It has good write ups on the site and, for those who like to chop and change their stops, could be a good alternative

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back