Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
good morning all ::bigsmile:

do any of you surf, windsurf or canoe with your RV/MH ...

no jokes about it being too heavy for the waves now :ROFLMAO:

I wonder how you carry your kit? i would consider putting my boards on the RV roof.. its a long way up there.. would need to haul them up with a rope at each end..
I dont really want to drill through roof to attach a mounting, so how could I otherwise get a decent loop or two for tiying stuff down...

or.. should I just try to get them in the habitation area and save a lot of hassle.. I am not sure the boards will even fit through the doors on the van...

I could tie them under :) there's a fair bit of room

any thoughts?

John

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi John

I've seen boards carried on the sides of campers .. I've been looking on line for mounting brackets but no success yet.. but shouldn't be to difficult to make..

A couple of wooden bars, shaped if need be, fixed to the wall with ratchet straps to secure the board ..

just an idea

Jim

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi John, we are lucky to have an opening rear window and have carried my canoe inside the van with its nose in the overhead then strapped to the ceiling, As we have 8Ft headroom we can still walk under it without hitting our heads. However I have grown a little and now need to think about changing it for a canadian style canoe which is a little wider. (anyone have one to swap for a kayak?). I would probably carry that on a trailer along with a motorcycle and radio mast, did I forget anything?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I use to surf dude.................I now bodyboard so storage aint a problem :winky:

A friend of mine converted a rear bike rack to carry 3 surfboards............I will get details for you :thumb:.............Oh and they locked too ::bigsmile:

Boo

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We carried a 7' 4" surfboard in the scooter garage, strapped to the inside back wall. We also put a false floor in the garage to enable us to slide 2 inflatable kayaks in there too without any damage to them. ::bigsmile:

Only hassle with this arrangement was that you had to keep the garage tidy when going surfing .. mucking out lots of accumulated junk before managing to get to the surfboard wasn't fun! :Eeek:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we have used the roof rack to carry the Kayak, Like boo we only body board now days so that goes in the shower. However I have seen plenty of vans with surf boards and windsurfs on the roof.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
thaks all ::bigsmile:

Jim, I like the idea of a sidemount.. except I am allready 260cms at least :ROFLMAO:

for the record I have two windsurf boards.. gathering dust... I think the longest is about 3.5m - the mast is a two peice..

Wildman.. of course.. I have a back window :Doh: it;s the fire escape.. But I think the boards will go through there :) may be interested in the kayak.. something else I used to enjoy and should get back into... life's a beach :)

carrying on the back... think they may be a bit too tall.. plus there may be a motorbike back there sometimes... if that doesnt cause the truck to wheelie..

The roof is a long way up.. plus i would like to be able to demount the boards and drop them alone if needed....

will take some measurements later...

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back