LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the campaigning by fairfueluk and the motoring organisations has helped to force the government to bin a few planned fuel tax rises. the original idea was sound, to have a strong campaign group and attract discounts from fuel suppliers. however the discount side has never materialised despite hitting target numbers over the years. the fuel companies dont see the need to offer group discounts unlike the major supermarkets

without campaigning we would be paying £2 a litre by now, which would force up prices of absolutely everything due to transport costs. so certainly worthwhile to just add your email address to their list:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I too have been a member for several years and would def say it is NOT a waste of time.
The group have forced through two rethinks and now have an all party group of MP's on our side
If it was not for their direct intervention we would STILL be on the bloody automatic yearly increases the Brown Stain implemented

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not a waste of time then..... Never realised how much influence they had.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Why do they only campaign against tax rises and for tax reductions?

Why don't they campaign against price increases by the oil companies (of which we have seen several in the last few years)? Too many mates in the oil industry perhaps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back