supermarkets Caen to Orleans (2 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
i'm sure i could solve this myself, but i'm looking for a "super easy access" supermarket to stock up on arrival in france. My route is Ceans / le mans / Tours / Orleans and i found a LeClerk right next to the ferry terminal, but anyone know something further along please? Just seems better to break the journey if possible...thanks

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Halfway to Caen, there's a Le Clerc on the right.
It's at Blainville sur Orne. Can't miss it???

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
I suppose a lot depends on how long you want to drive before your stop to stock up. If more or less immediately, there is a massive Carrefour at Hérouville just before you join the northern ring road around Caen if you don't care for the one already mentioned at Blainville. Then, assuming you go clockwise around Caen, there is a an E leClerc (we call them 'Erics" having wondered what the 'E' stood for) at Ifs, which is just before the road you might take down to Le Mans.

Then a bit further down, there are dozens around Alençon. Google street view is your friend if you want to check access, and for height barriers.

And of course you drive by many as you go.

We favour the Eric at Ifs as the parking is easy 'round the back', the Carrefour has an obvious place for larger vehicles, so obvious that it is easily missed as you enter!

We find that the further you are away from ferry ports the less the range is skewed towards tourists, and subjectively we think prices may be lower.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My first overnight stop on that route has often been the inexpensive and immaculate riverside Camping Municipal at Beaumont sur Sarthe on the D338 or just off the A28 (but I don't use autoroutes) about 20 miles North of Le Mans . Easy access to the village supermarket (a SuperU I think).

Last edited:
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
If you're willing to take a 10 minute (each way) diversion off the motorway, there's an Intermarché in Seés with MH parking..... its not a huge hypermarket but we've never had a problem finding what we need there. We often stop there our first night in France and stock up in the morning. Also has reasonable priced fuel.

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
Used to be a big, easy access one on Le Mans ring road - not been for 10 years so can't confirm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back